Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

not necessarily saying they'll sign Lukaku, but Remy/Bamford won't be their 3rd option at the end of this window I can promise you that. Not to the quality Conte would want. They play 2 up top, so they need 3 first team options at a club like Chelsea and with Contes demands. Makes more sense why they've been linked with Rom now Traore has left on loan is what worries me most

They have no European football next season, so could get by with the main 2 strikers and hope that one of the mentioned 3rd choice options is able to come in in an emergency. Loaning out Traore gives them the chance to give him a full season to see if he is able to play at this level.
Next summer is what I would worry about should we have another indifferent season. I would expect any new deal for Rom will have a buyout clause.

Almost certainly staying. There will have had to have been a major change of mind over the last few weeks for him to seek to go.

We're not going to let him go even if he asks, and Chelsea are not going to bid £75 million. Regardless I think he'll sign a contract with a release clause if we don't qualify for CL next year, he can go to a CL team.
As long as that release clause says "£80m", I'm ok with it.

Remy played about 45mins at most in 5 or 6 friendlies for them. And those 45mins were in the first game he hasn't got a minute's gametime since.

They know traore can do the biz as he's a scored in the prem a few times and I'm certain he's been loaned to dutch league before
Remy is not favoured by Conte clearly. That Bamford will leave I suspect. I wouldn't loan out traore to use Bamford, who couldn't get a sniff in Norwich or palaces teams.

It is a huge hint IMO that a striker is going there. Linked with Icardi too?

During his press conference Koeman mentioned that, "Romelu is still an Everton player and we want to keep our best players".

Far too easy to read into individual comments, yet depending on if you're a glass half full or a glass half empty type of person it could say a lot.

Not the bullish comments that he will stay that many would like, but rather talking about the here and now and our desire to keep him.

During his press conference Koeman mentioned that, "Romelu is still an Everton player and we want to keep our best players".

Far too easy to read into individual comments, yet depending on if you're a glass half full or a glass half empty type of person it could say a lot.

Not the bullish comments that he will stay that many would like, but rather talking about the here and now and our desire to keep him.
I think the only time a manager definitively says a player is "not for sale, going nowhere i can assure you" etc is when they are genuinely that sure, and have absolutely no doubt.

Whatever way you look at the comment it isn't filling anyone with massive confidence. Those exact words would have been used if asked about John Stones a week ago, he still went

Almost certainly staying. There will have had to have been a major change of mind over the last few weeks for him to seek to go.

We're not going to let him go even if he asks, and Chelsea are not going to bid £75 million. Regardless I think he'll sign a contract with a release clause if we don't qualify for CL next year, he can go to a CL team.

I wish you could mute "staff members"

One minute im %100 sure we are not letting him go then I start to worry incase we do, surly we can't be stupid enough to sell a player under contact as important to us as he is? Not this late anyway, no amount of money will replace him, we just don't have the pull, we were lucky to get him in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back