Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was ace today. Some time over the Summer, Dunc or someone else, has obviously worked with him on winning headers by jumping at the right time and using his strength. In previous seasons he'd managed to perfect the act of jumping either way too early or way too late, but when the ball goes in the air to him now, I don't immediately look behind him to see where it's going to sail over him to.

It's still early days, but with his natural ability and some more coaching we could well end up thinking 28 million was a bit of a steal

Mon Rom lollollollollollollollollollollollol

tumblr_nwecpnSWMV1tjqg5vo1_540.png

He did very well mixing it with Jones and Smalling yesterday, and actually seems to have some professional pride, unlike the rest of them.

Impossible job though. One striker can't take on two centre backs without good midfield support. And he certainly didn't have that.

He had a good go, though. Dominated Jones and went toe-to-toe with a very in form Smalling. His hold up play, aggression and aerial ability seem to have improved a lot.

Give him his dues, he worked his backside off on Saturday. However, if punting long balls into Rom in lieu of us actually playing fooball from midfield is our new tactic, I fear we are in for a run of bad games until Martinez realises the problem with it.

United had few problems bypassing our midfield on Saturday, it didn't help that we were doing exactly the same thing going the other way.

I would like to see Kone and Mirallas/Deulofeu either side of him against Arsenal. However I think Lennon is a shoe-in because the manager will likely, and understandably, prefer Lennon's defensive work.

That won't be too bad as long as any of Mirallas, Deulofeu or Kone are on the other flank, as at least we'll have some pace on the counter and support for Lukaku.

You just know it's going to be Naismith on the left, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back