Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine how many goals we'd score as a team (therefor winning more points and being higher up the table) if our striker could do one of the most basic things a footballer should be able to do to a better than 50% ratio of good touch to bad touch.

But that doesn't matter cause he's 22 and score loads of goals anyway so there is no room for improvement or criticism of anything.
Good point, we should get someone like Giroud, his hold up play is fantastic.

Imagine how many goals we'd score as a team (therefor winning more points and being higher up the table) if our striker could do one of the most basic things a footballer should be able to do to a better than 50% ratio of good touch to bad touch.

But that doesn't matter cause he's 22 and score loads of goals anyway so there is no room for improvement or criticism of anything.

Imagine if he was playing with a footballer behind him and not Naismith

It feels odd having a proper Striker

I know. I think Moyes knew that strikers are always more expensive than any other position, and so with his meagre budget it was never worth going all in one. In stead he'd try to build the rest of the side and play to the strengths of his goal scoring midfielders (Cahill, then Fellaini).

There were a couple of exceptions like. Beattie, Johnson and Yakubu were signed for decent fees. But most of his striking signings were of the Bent, Saha, Jelavic type which cost nothing.

As a result we went a full decade only occasionally having a proper center forward leading the line. Moyes must have been pig sick seeing us pay £28m for a striker one year after he'd left.

I know. I think Moyes knew that strikers are always more expensive than any other position, and so with his meagre budget it was never worth going all in one. In stead he'd try to build the rest of the side and play to the strengths of his goal scoring midfielders (Cahill, then Fellaini).

There were a couple of exceptions like. Beattie, Johnson and Yakubu were signed for decent fees. But most of his striking signings were of the Bent, Saha, Jelavic type which cost nothing.

As a result we went a full decade only occasionally having a proper center forward leading the line. Moyes must have been pig sick seeing us pay £28m for a striker one year after he'd left.
Nah, Moyes would've been more sick watching Rom not running the channels enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back