Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally realised he's stronger than most defenders. Hold up play much been much better the last couple of games. Unfortunately had very little support around him

Strange how lukaku improved target man role hasn't actually be that effective as team.
Poor team effort except lukaku

If Mirallas was playing we might see some dividends. He works well with Rom and finishes like a boss.

As it stands we just have no threat out there. If Rom's playing with his back to goal then we need to be supporting him, so why Martinez has us playing so slowly and statically, I don't know.

It just baffles me that we have struggled to get wins with his current form. He was the best player for us by a mile today

It's the fact the players around him are pedestrian and uncreative. Naismith on one side and Lennon on the other...I bet he can't wait til he plays with some decent players next season. He can't do it all on his own, though I'm sure many think 'for £30m' he should be able to

despite the result another step forward from Rom today, I thought he was good, if he was shooting at howard not de gea he would have scored too, he needs some support though, with the team we picked today, utd could afford to put two on ross and two on rom and that was that, with kev and gerry and even kone on the bench, I don't get it, isn't the point of playing both barry and macarthy mean't to mean we can attack in other areas

We need to get players closer to him, first half especially he was so isolated. 4-3-3 with Kone and Mirallas playing much nearer him will do.

Thing some of the above posters have nailed it. He's showing everything at the moment and yet he's being left isolated.

Not only do we need 3 out of Lennon/Ross/Kone/Mirallas/Deulofeu behind him, I also think we need to ensure they're all playing off him, rather than far off from him....

best player the past 2 games

Yep only seen the 2nd half today but thought he was superb again and right at it. A shame others around him couldn't produce the same fight and desire today as I think that would have seen us walk away confronts be winners.

Unfortunately when we have 5-6 players playing below the standard required we ain't going to get a positive result or performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back