Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
The USA has a contingency plan should Russia launch an all out nuclear attack against them mate, doesn't mean it's ever happened or is likely to happen does it?
Well he's quoted as saying if they get a big enough bid he will be gone in the article. Bit of a difference from our Stones stance last year.

Well he's quoted as saying if they get a big enough bid he will be gone in the article. Bit of a difference from our Stones stance last year.

If we had gotten a big enough bid for Stones last season we would have sold him and your living in dream land if you think we wouldn't have regardless of statements about not doing so

No he isn't.

The Echo writer has put the spin on that quote.

What he says is that no bid has been received but you can never rule out the possibility that one will. He then goes on to state that we have identified targets in case (which is the sensible approach), so if the worst happens we're aren't scraping around...

Also, @jceverton - Koeman's interview was done Thursday after the presser (the one in the Echo). It was embargoed until 10.30 yesterday. It's pretty much two days old.

Plus the Echo know sweet F a. All they have done is look for the most sensational line from those quotes (which is what journalism is in all fairness) and run with it.

I'll be the doubter. Got a Dutch mate to translate it and he said it sounded more hopeful than actually happened. The fact there's 12 days to go in the window rather than 10 makes me kind of believe him.
Sorry, but disagree with your mate on this. Literally Koeman says: "it's great when 10 days before the closure of the transferwindow Romelu Lukaku steps into your office and tells you he's going to stay. That's just as good as completing a big transfer. He's not only a good player bit also a nice person. I'm sure he knows there are also things he can improve upon. I'm really happy I get the chance to develop him into a top player."
The 10 instead of 12 days is indeed a bit strange, agree with that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back