Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but disagree with your mate on this. Literally Koeman says: "it's great when 10 days before the closure of the transferwindow Romelu Lukaku steps into your office and tells you he's going to stay. That's just as good as completing a big transfer. He's not only a good player bit also a nice person. I'm sure he knows there are also things he can improve upon. I'm really happy I get the chance to develop him into a top player."
The 10 instead of 12 days is indeed a bit strange, agree with that one.
Correct mate. My Dutch translates it similarly ;)

If we had gotten a big enough bid for Stones last season we would have sold him and your living in dream land if you think we wouldn't have regardless of statements about not doing so
The fact is we made the strongest possible statement last year and despite Chelsea bidding 4 times he wasn't sold. If you want to put a different interpretation on that then that's up to you.

It's a column that he writes for De Telegraaf. One of the biggest newspapers in The Netherlands. Talks about his first few weeks at Everton and why he's happy to work with a DOF, because he likes to spend his time on the training ground instead of sitting in an office.

Club is changing drastically and are very ambitious. Happy with players like Gueye and Bolasie and received a big boost when Lukaku came into his office and told him he was staying.

It's like a big transfer and is happy he can continue to work with a massive talent like him.

Just like a new signing!

The fact is we made the strongest possible statement last year and despite Chelsea bidding 4 times he wasn't sold. If you want to put a different interpretation on that then that's up to you.

He's right.

Had the £38-40m bid for Stones came in around the time they put their first bid in for Stones he would have been sold. The matched our valuation a week before the end of the window, the Club couldnt sell him as it would have been extremely difficult to get a replacement.

I think Lukaku staying at Everton is now very likely, simply because of the signing of Bolassie. Bolassies comment that 'Rom has been telling me to come here for ages' is I think the clincher, and a nice bi product of the Bolassie signing. Lukaku obviously feels that he can benefit from the Bolassie style ,so why would he now want to leave. Significant that Rom spoke to Koeman almost immediately after the Bolassie signing.

This is a lot more to do with clubs not coming in for Lukaku at the fee we wanted for him rather than heartfelt desire on his part to stay and see how it unfolds with a new manager and investment in new players. Give it a year, see how it unfolds and pick up a huge wedge. If he scores 20+ goals again in all comps this season, his transfer value will not be diminished in the slightest, so Everton have some protection there.

Also, @jceverton - Koeman's interview was done Thursday after the presser (the one in the Echo). It was embargoed until 10.30 yesterday. It's pretty much two days old.

Plus the Echo know sweet F a. All they have done is look for the most sensational line from those quotes (which is what journalism is in all fairness) and run with it.
I'm aware the Echo aren't great but they've based it on what he said, it's hardly gutter journalism is it? From everything that's been said if a big bid comes in he's gone.

Tbh lukaku has done enough to alienate a lot of fans. I just feel bad of the kids fans who support him and fans in general missing hid goal tally. However him leaving could be a similar case to felliani in terms of better teamwork/cohesion and more goals from more players.

He's right.

Had the £38-40m bid for Stones came in around the time they put their first bid in for Stones he would have been sold. The matched our valuation a week before the end of the window, the Club couldnt sell him as it would have been extremely difficult to get a replacement.
You don't know that it's just speculation on your part.

I'm aware the Echo aren't great but they've based it on what he said, it's hardly gutter journalism is it? From everything that's been said if a big bid comes in he's gone.

I didn't say it was gutter journalism mate, it's the most sensational line though.

There were two perfectly adequate lines from those quotes - a) no bid has come in or b) we have been looking for replacements just in case.

And clearly not on your last point mate since Koeman has said himself Rom has told him he wants to stay?

IF a bid comes in that meets our valuation and Rom wanted to push through a move (ala Stones) then he'd be gone.

I think, if which now appears to be the case Rom wants to stay, then we won't sell even if a club matches our valuation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back