Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh lukaku has done enough to alienate a lot of fans. I just feel bad of the kids fans who support him and fans in general missing hid goal tally. However him leaving could be a similar case to felliani in terms of better teamwork/cohesion and more goals from more players.

This after Koeman has literally written himself that Rom wants to stay?

No he isn't.

The Echo writer has put the spin on that quote.

What he says is that no bid has been received but you can never rule out the possibility that one will. He then goes on to state that we have identified targets in case (which is the sensible approach), so if the worst happens we're aren't scraping around...
I don't think it's spin, in the context of talking about Lukaku he says: “There is a lot of interest in him, we know, he is a good player and finally you can’t win it if really it’s a big team who spend a lot of money for an Everton player or for a Southampton player,” the Blues boss said. If we get a big bid he's gone.

It's not. He's right. We'd have sold last year had Chelsea met our valuation since Stones wanted to leave.

They didn't. He didn't go. We got £10mil extra for him this time around.
It's speculation you've got nothing to say that it isn't. It maybe your opinion but that's all it is an opinion.

As a post script to today's news I think he could have played last week. Like some of our fanbase reckon he a crisis of confidence that despite the talk the transfers weren't coming to fruition. Now that fat turd of an agent has boxed off pogba theyve recently had a another sit down with the club and got some very encouraging assurances re transfers. It's game on now.

I didn't say it was gutter journalism mate, it's the most sensational line though.

There were two perfectly adequate lines from those quotes - a) no bid has come in or b) we have been looking for replacements just in case.

And clearly not on your last point mate since Koeman has said himself Rom has told him he wants to stay?

IF a bid comes in that meets our valuation and Rom wanted to push through a move (ala Stones) then he'd be gone.

I think, if which now appears to be the case Rom wants to stay, then we won't sell even if a club matches our valuation.
It's just standard journalism, it's hardly sensational. I want Lukaku to stay I personally think it would be madness to sell him this late on even if he wants to go. I'm just far from convinced that he will stay if a big bid comes in for him.

I don't think it's spin, in the context of talking about Lukaku he says: “There is a lot of interest in him, we know, he is a good player and finally you can’t win it if really it’s a big team who spend a lot of money for an Everton player or for a Southampton player,” the Blues boss said. If we get a big bid he's gone.

It's spin in the sense that there's two separate lines from those quotes and they've gone with the most sensational.

And again you're choosing to ignore that fact that now, two days later, Koeman himself has said Rom wants to stay... (something up until this point he hadn't said)

It's just standard journalism, it's hardly sensational. I want Lukaku to stay I personally think it would be madness to sell him this late on even if he wants to go. I'm just far from convinced that he will stay if a big bid comes in for him.

I work in the media mate.

Today when I'm writing up reaction pieces for the games I'll go with the most 'sensational' line from the presser - whether it be transfer news (likely to gain more traction than any actual reaction to the game itself) or a manager slating a key player/referee...

And we'll see. But we aren't actively looking to sell that much is clear.

The fact that Koeman has literally written in his own column (released this morning, so most likely submitted yesterday) that the player is keen to stay gives us a lot more cause to be optimistic.

I work in the media mate.

Today when I'm writing up reaction pieces for the games I'll go with the most 'sensational' line from the presser - whether it be transfer news (likely to gain more traction than any actual reaction to the game itself) or a manager slating a key player/referee...

And we'll see. But we aren't actively looking to sell that much is clear.

The fact that Koeman has literally written in his own column (released this morning, so most likely submitted yesterday) that the player is keen to stay gives us a lot more cause to be optimistic.

Just go with "Koeman says Pullis bums bears mate"

by the time you have to retract it you'll have gotten more clicks already than any other story will have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back