Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you go by the overall factors that make a good footballer, Sturridge doesn't make that list due to his injuries meaning he simply doesn't play enough to be considered "good".

I'd agree with Kane, Aguero and Costa being better overall attackers than Lukaku at this moment in time. Sanchez is a close call, but not quite.

So, in order:

Aguero
Kane
Costa
Lukaku
Sanchez

Are some better - maybe is anyone besides Aguerro clearly better - nope, he's basicaly in the mix with 4-5 other strikers in that second tier

Are some better - maybe is anyone besides Aguerro clearly better - nope, he's basicaly in the mix with 4-5 other strikers in that second tier

I think Kane and Costa are clearly better than Lukaku, yes. They just offer much more to the overall game than Rom does.

Indeed, there's quite a large gulf between the top three and Rom in my view. As you say, Rom is the top of the second tier of strikers in this league, which is infuriating because he could easily be the very best if he had an ounce of technique.

I think Kane and Costa are clearly better than Lukaku, yes. They just offer much more to the overall game than Rom does.

Indeed, there's quite a large gulf between the top three and Rom in my view. As you say, Rom is the top of the second tier of strikers in this league, which is infuriating because he could easily be the very best if he had an ounce of technique.

Kane really doesn't. Kane has a better touch. That's about it. Kane isn't remotely a threat on the ball anywhere outside the box. You can't play him in behind or counter effecively as often as you can Lukaku for example because he doesn't have anywhere near the pace Lukaku does.

Probably why Lukaku was comfortably averaging more goals to minutes than both of the main strikers at the top two clubs in the league around April, despite playing for a much weaker side.

I'd say Rom is as good as Kane mate.

IMO, Aguero, Ibrah, Costa are 'better' players.

Studge (but he's never fit), Rom, Kane all just after them.

I work in the media mate.

Today when I'm writing up reaction pieces for the games I'll go with the most 'sensational' line from the presser - whether it be transfer news (likely to gain more traction than any actual reaction to the game itself) or a manager slating a key player/referee...

And we'll see. But we aren't actively looking to sell that much is clear.

The fact that Koeman has literally written in his own column (released this morning, so most likely submitted yesterday) that the player is keen to stay gives us a lot more cause to be optimistic.
Can't believe you're admitting to sensationalising headlines - everything that's wrong with journalism and a burden to our nation. Why not try to change the deeply flawed UK media from within - have an actual impact in life rather than contributing to this social detritus?

Can't believe you're admitting to sensationalising headlines - everything that's wrong with journalism and a burden to our nation. Why not try to change the deeply flawed UK media from within - have an actual impact in life rather than contributing to this social detritus?

I'm not working for the UK media or a paper, and I'd appreciate you not judge my job as me 'not having an actual impact in life'...

But the best line is the line that will get most traction. I'm not saying I'll 'sensationalise' anything. But I'll go for the comment that will make the biggest impact on the readership (which in this case is global).

At this time of year, anything that is said about transfers will gain more traction than a comment about the match that has just happened.

Last week, for example, I covered Pardew's presser. He said a lot of stuff about the match but the main line (and the one that all the questions were really about) was Bolasie's transfer.

Neither have the pace of Rom. Costa doesn't have as good a shot.

I would have Rom over both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back