Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never heard of a club having a policy where they are not allowed to tweet that the club manager has said "player X is not for sale" or "player X told me he is staying". Check any other clubs twitter for tweets to this effect, and i can guarantee they're never deleted.

Much ado about nothing id suspect though. Something would have to have happened within last 24hrs or so for it to be relevant that they deleted the tweets

Made a huge difference once he came on, which is kind of odd because he kind of had a poor game imo. I think the difference between past poor performances is that he put the effort into this game. He was constantly backing into the opposition and wearing them down. Even if he is struggling, as long as he is pestering the back line he is making a huge difference. Allowed players such as Kevin and Bolasie to come into the game and thrive.
Poor game. He occupies so much of their defense people only realise what he means to us when he doesn't play.

Not sure what the removal of the tweet means. After all it's already out there.

Suspect if he's just about to sign the new contract previously mentioned with a probable 2 year extension, RK saying 'staying for at least one more season' is a bit of a mixed message.

Would imagine Raiola and the club's lawyers would have advised the removal of the tweets.

It's exactly what I said weeks ago. Vault me :)

He signs new contract and gets a pay rise. In return he gets a release clause in his contract that would allow him to move in the future. We get to keep him for a year and we can't stand in his way when he decides to step up.

Only backfires on us if we go and get in the top 4 on the back of him scoring us there

I'd say no-one was willing to stump up the money. I think if Riola could have got him shifted he would have. But I'm happy he's staying.

He signs new contract and gets a pay rise. In return he gets a release clause in his contract that would allow him to move in the future. We get to keep him for a year and we can't stand in his way when he decides to step up.

Only backfires on us if we go and get in the top 4 on the back of him scoring us there

tumblr_mww86k0hSf1t40e27o1_500.gif

In fairness that's not really it back firing.

We can't keep him forever but we do need to keep him this season. It's just down to the club now to make sure they support Koeman in the market to get a team around him that has a chance of doing that. We messed up a bit chance last season to buy well and make a realistic attempt of top 4. We shouldn't make the same mistake again because it could be years before we have a striker like Rom and frankly without one the rest of the team needs to be fantastic (like Arsenal) to have a chance.

Who knows, if we have money and top 4 next season he may not want to move.

who cares about twitter? bloody hell guys, our manager has said he's staying, it's been reported everywhere, that's good enough for me.

pretty sure last year it was "i will stay for one more year".

who cares about twitter? bloody hell guys, our manager has said he's staying, it's been reported everywhere, that's good enough for me.

pretty sure last year it was "i will stay for one more year".
He was misquoted,didnt mean to say hes staying lol,for the record if anyones bothered like so many seem to be,the everton lukaku twitter rubbish is still on the bbc website via the saurday prem reaction bit http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/36741166 -5.36pm

He was misquoted,didnt mean to say hes staying lol,for the record if anyones bothered like so many seem to be,the everton lukaku twitter rubbish is still on the bbc website via the saurday prem reaction bit http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/36741166 -5.36pm

yeah that's where i saw them. I'm sure koeman didn't get fooled by someone wearing a lukaku mask and walking into his office. He's staying anyway, we wouldn't sell this late in the window nor would any team meet our asking price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back