Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of that begs the question still of why we did take them down. It's probably nothing but it is bizarre.

Surely not even everton would hang out the manager to dry like this and sell him after he made comments like he did?

And it seems the quote was taken for a Dutch newspaper. Maybe it was posted by accident or the club want to make more of a splash about him staying and coincide that with an interview etc. But yes.. bad that it was tweeted like that in the first place.

All of that begs the question still of why we did take them down. It's probably nothing but it is bizarre.

Surely not even everton would hang out the manager to dry like this and sell him after he made comments like he did?

Probably because of some very simple reason, maybe they're writing an article for the website and tweet out a new link later? Maybe it's against club policy to tweet about players possibly leaving or staying and the tweeter didn't realise? Maybe it's because they just want all the tweets to be about the game today?

For me this meltdown is on par with "the Jelavic deal has fallen through" panic that swept through Evertonians on social media because no one could physically see him at Finch Farm or at Goodison on the day.

Could be last minute developments regarding a transfer, or more likely someones got pissy (Lukaku or his agent) with the implicitness of the tweet.

I'm glad he's staying, but a bit surprised at RK's comments if correct, that he would stay for at least one more season.

That is almost certainly the position, but it would be better to say he's just staying, no need to elaborate further.

As much as I value Lukaku's goals, I really can't stand the media machine and agent that's behind him - thanks a million for giving us another year Romelu, wow a whole season probably on an improved wage, what an imposition for the lad.

Makes it sound like we have him on loan, or he has us on trial.

I hope we put maximum effort into spending the next year identifying suitable replacement(s), as hard as that is, rather than repeat this next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back