Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone getting a bit concerned about his form. Seems to be missing a lot of chances that he normally buries, can't be his attitude he wants to stay now!!! I know they say form is temporary class is permanent but nevertheless his lack of goals is a concern, sitter against WBA and numerous chances missed tonight.
Came back later than everyone else and was then injured. Wouldn't get too worried yet.

Came back later than everyone else and was then injured. Wouldn't get too worried yet.
The season before Suarez came alive for that lot he couldn't do anything in front of goal but he kept getting there to miss and the following season almost made all my nightmares come true. Rom will bag loads if he stays

I think it's fair to say he didn't look like a £60M player last night....

I wonder if his head was full of Champions League last night when Barkley found him in space? He had all the time in the world. Missed the goal by 3 yards!

That lay off that went 10ft in the air.... The dive when he knew he should have scored was pathetic & should have been booked.

He needs to get his head back in the game.

I think his agent may not have found good takers for him this year, and/or he is quite a grounded kind of family man who, if I judge him right from interviews and stuff, is not really that big headed and greedy comparatively. i think he has got a lot to learn, loads of us agree, and maybe he's just realising that he needs 1 - 2 seasons of scoring 30 goals, making EFC really go places, (like, say Bale, Suarez, Henry type ppl) before he really gets his big Man U, Barca, Juve type move he's craving. He wants to be that Elite type player, in the Suarez, Bale, Pogba category but he's not doing it yet.
Also on a side note, i go between love and frustration with this guy. When he's in Beast form, he's amazing and makes me feel like he should be our captain, then when he's frustrated with all the other players and shouts 'Ross, Ross, Ross, look where i'm running!' or tells every midfielder where they 'should have' passed it to him, and shows them the space and channels and puts his hands on his hips and gets pissed off with them, that's really frustrating and he needs to cut it out.

No he's got that pretty spot on. There were a number of rumours last season that Chelsea met the then asking price of 40 million and stones was all ready and set to leave. Martinez told them no as he'd have no time to sign a replacement.
Rumours are speculation!!

What would people's response be if an article about Rom appeared over the weekend from our previous manager ( His new manager for the national team ) saying he needs to play for a high profile team in the Champions league to further his talent and cement his place in the Belgium team.

What would people's response be if an article about Rom appeared over the weekend from our previous manager ( His new manager for the national team ) saying he needs to play for a high profile team in the Champions league to further his talent and cement his place in the Belgium team.

I would enthusiastically remind the aforesaid manager that he was a failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back