Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played well did Rom. Him holding it up on the wing and turning 2 Chelsea players with the Kone link up set up Naismith's second.

Was disappointed to see him twice, have a shot then stop and watch it rather than follow it up. The time where he shot and terry passed back to the keeper, if Rom had followed it up he'd have been there first and had a relative tap in.

I actually thought he didn't have a great game here and was below the standard of the crest of the team. His work rate was really poor and he arguably had three easier chances than Naismith did. There was also the one where he could have rolled it to Kone for a tap in but managed to slice it out for a goal kick.

it's always nice to see him bang in a pair, but im really glad that his hold up play seems to be stearly improving. Im sounding like a broken record but in a few years time £28m will seem like robbery.

Terrible today, should have put at least one chance away. Needs to make up for it against West Brom.

His laziness/despondency/whatever you want to call it really annoys me, there was a move in the second half where Ross got the second ball and had to hold on to it for ages until he had someone available to pass to. Lukaku spent most of this time walking in an offside position, throwing his arms around and blaming his luck.

I don't think i have ever seen a striker that makes me think to myself "ok the balls in to lukaku and he is going to lose it" every time he gets the ball no matter where he is.

The blame has to fall on him today and not the way Martinez sets the side up, he had more than enough opportunities to score or link up play and he was wasteful.

The Barry and Barkley passes in the 2nd half are unexcusable for anyone at this level without the price tag, both have to be atleast making the gk work, taylor did well to recover but should never have been in a position to recover for the block.

Bench him. He needs benching. Awful performance today. Played in 3 times and was abysmal.

The 3 points were there for the taking today, it's a fine margin. He was the difference today and we should be sitting on 11 points now

Don't think we'll ever see his finishing that bad too often.

Even when hes playing poorly give him a chance and he'll slot usually . One of those days today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back