Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say Lukaku is unhappy, I haven't read or heard that anywhere, he's just ambitious and rightly so the way his career is progressing. We had an opportunity to keep Lukaku by having a good season and we have blown it, I for one do not blame him for wanting CL football, he deserves it.

Nor have I. If he wants to stay then we can all be happy.

My comments are all based on the premise that he wants to leave. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't.

I wouldn't say Lukaku is unhappy, I haven't read or heard that anywhere, he's just ambitious and rightly so the way his career is progressing. We had an opportunity to keep Lukaku by having a good season and we have blown it, I for one do not blame him for wanting CL football, he deserves it.
I expect he's frustrated more so than angry. He's one of only a couple of players this season to have done his job well and excelled in his position. He has won us more games than any other player and i would guess it must be incredibly frustrating to see all your hard work undone by other players under-performing week in week out.
I don't think he's unhappy. Everton has been good for him, he's become one of the best young strikers in Europe and that is largely down to the faith and patience granted to him by Everton, even when he's been poor he's been praised by the club - by manager given time to play his way back into form.... a grace most 'big' clubs won't give to a striker.

I expect he's frustrated more so than angry. He's one of only a couple of players this season to have done his job well and excelled in his position. He has won us more games than any other player and i would guess it must be incredibly frustrating to see all your hard work undone by other players under-performing week in week out.
I don't think he's unhappy. Everton has been good for him, he's become one of the best young strikers in Europe and that is largely down to the faith and patience granted to him by Everton, even when he's been poor he's been praised by the club - by manager given time to play his way back into form.... a grace most 'big' clubs won't give to a striker.

I genuinely believe he really likes it here, and that Everton is in his heart.
But he is also a very ambitious player (like all champions are) and therefore wants to see how far he can get with his abilities. I really hope he stays for one more year (sign Jordan!!!), so that we can really invest in the team to get a CL ticket next year. It's the only way we can keep him for longer.

Sign Jordan.

Rom put this picture on his instagram with the words 'always together' ...

collage.webp

Mind you, RM is part of the reason why we wont have Champions league football anytime soon.
Unfulfilled promises when Rom signed.
if we were currently sitting in 6th place and missed out on Cleague football Martinez wud probably be getting even more stick than he is now give him a break he's going to win us the FA cup our biggest achievement in 21 years our defence has let us down badly ok he should have dropped Tim a long time ago his fault but what about the rest of the back 4 still find his attacking tactics a joy to watch let's all get behind him and the team till the end of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back