Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I'm concerned, he's put in a transfer request. We should sell him for as much as we can get. Really no class, the new owner should just tell him I'm selling you and I won't give you a penny in loyalty bonus.

As far as I'm concerned, he's put in a transfer request. We should sell him for as much as we can get. Really no class, the new owner should just tell him I'm selling you and I won't give you a penny in loyalty bonus.

Which would be in breach of contract.

Rom really is not saying anything we didn't expect.

He's not as good as he thinks he is, no, but then again he was by far and away our best player last season. So what does that tell you about our 'best squad in years'?

Overall, he has been very good for us at a young age over three years in total. He has three years left on his current deal and when he goes we'll fetch a large amount.

The only thing to worry about or fuss about is who we get to replace him.

The problem is finding those players. Rom scores goals and in a better team would hit 20-25 goals a season every season. That's hard to replace.
I was thinking along these lines too...it's near impossible to replace a goalscorer who gets you 25 goals a season. Let's also remember Rom got 18 prem goals. Not 25.

But it's dawned on me that buying 2 £30m strikers, surely they can give us 15 goals from one and 10 goals from the other? Surely? Look how many players have bagged 10 in the prem this season.

1. Harry Kane
    Tottenham
    25Goals scored
    1 Assists
    Jamie Vardy
  2. Leicester
    24Goals scored
    6 Assists
    Sergio Agüero
  3. Man City
    24Goals scored
    2 Assists
    Romelu Lukaku
  4. Everton
    18Goals scored
    6 Assists
    Riyad Mahrez
  5. Leicester
    17Goals scored
    11 Assists
    Olivier Giroud
  6. Arsenal
    16Goals scored
    6 Assists
    Odion Ighalo
  7. Watford
    15Goals scored
    3 Assists
    Jermain Defoe
  8. Sunderland
    15Goals scored
    1 Assists
    Troy Deeney
  9. Watford
    13Goals scored
    7 Assists
    Alexis Sánchez
  10. Arsenal
    13Goals scored
    4 Assists
    Diego Costa
  11. Chelsea
    12Goals scored
    6 Assists
    André Ayew
  12. Swansea
    12Goals scored
    2 Assists
    Graziano Pellè
  13. Southampton
    11Goals scored
    6 Assists
    Sadio Mané
  14. Southampton
    11Goals scored
    6 Assists
    Marko Arnautovic
  15. Stoke
    11Goals scored
    6 Assists
    Georginio Wijnaldum
  16. Newcastle
    11Goals scored
    5 Assists
    Anthony Martial
  17. Man Utd
    11Goals scored
    4 Assists
    Gylfi Sigurdsson
  18. Swansea
    11Goals scored
    3 Assists
    Dele Alli
  19. Tottenham
    10Goals scored
    9 Assists
    Roberto Firmino
  20. Liverpool
    10Goals scored
    7 Assists
    Shane Long
  21. Southampton
    10Goals scored
    4 Assists
There's 21 players that scored at least 10.

Losing Rom will be gutting, it'll be a big blow. But with the money, surely....surely we can find 2 able players to take over his goals.

I was thinking along these lines too...it's near impossible to replace a goalscorer who gets you 25 goals a season. Let's also remember Rom got 18 prem goals. Not 25.

But it's dawned on me that buying 2 £30m strikers, surely they can give us 15 goals from one and 10 goals from the other? Surely? Look how many players have bagged 10 in the prem this season.

1. Harry Kane
    Tottenham
    25Goals scored
    1 Assists
    Jamie Vardy
  2. Leicester
    24Goals scored
    6 Assists
    Sergio Agüero
  3. Man City
    24Goals scored
    2 Assists
    Romelu Lukaku
  4. Everton
    18Goals scored
    6 Assists
    Riyad Mahrez
  5. Leicester
    17Goals scored
    11 Assists
    Olivier Giroud
  6. Arsenal
    16Goals scored
    6 Assists
    Odion Ighalo
  7. Watford
    15Goals scored
    3 Assists
    Jermain Defoe
  8. Sunderland
    15Goals scored
    1 Assists
    Troy Deeney
  9. Watford
    13Goals scored
    7 Assists
    Alexis Sánchez
  10. Arsenal
    13Goals scored
    4 Assists
    Diego Costa
  11. Chelsea
    12Goals scored
    6 Assists
    André Ayew
  12. Swansea
    12Goals scored
    2 Assists
    Graziano Pellè
  13. Southampton
    11Goals scored
    6 Assists
    Sadio Mané
  14. Southampton
    11Goals scored
    6 Assists
    Marko Arnautovic
  15. Stoke
    11Goals scored
    6 Assists
    Georginio Wijnaldum
  16. Newcastle
    11Goals scored
    5 Assists
    Anthony Martial
  17. Man Utd
    11Goals scored
    4 Assists
    Gylfi Sigurdsson
  18. Swansea
    11Goals scored
    3 Assists
    Dele Alli
  19. Tottenham
    10Goals scored
    9 Assists
    Roberto Firmino
  20. Liverpool
    10Goals scored
    7 Assists
    Shane Long
  21. Southampton
    10Goals scored
    4 Assists
There's 21 players that scored at least 10.

Losing Rom will be gutting, it'll be a big blow. But with the money, surely....surely we can find 2 able players to take over his goals.

This is the key point mate.

We're not currently in a position as a club to attract two £30mil strikers, even though we will have the money.

There aren't that many £30mil forwards around that are worth that money, and the ones that are will want to be in the CL. Getting one is doable, but getting two will be very, very difficult.

EDIT: Of that list though, I'd definitely like us to go for Wijnaldum. Was extremely impressed with him this year when he played as a second-striker.

Would even free Barkley up to drop deeper depending what system we played.

This is the key point mate.

We're not currently in a position as a club to attract two £30mil strikers, even though we will have the money.

There aren't that many £30mil forwards around that are worth that money, and the ones that are will want to be in the CL. Getting one is doable, but getting two will be very, very difficult.
Look at that list. How many out of the 21 are A, 30m strikers (half?) B, are playing at clubs like Swansea, Watford, Newcastle! The point remains...we can find 2 players to replace Rom, whether we spend 30m on each of them or go big on one and have a cheaper proven striker with them.

I'm feeling positive today.

Look at that list. How many out of the 21 are A, 30m strikers (half?) B, are playing at clubs like Swansea, Watford, Newcastle! The point remains...we can find 2 players to replace Rom, whether we spend 30m on each of them or go big on one and have a cheaper proven striker with them.

A lot you named aren't strikers though mate, and you also have to factor in the 'Premier League premium' - especially in the case of a PL club selling to another PL club.

Swansea finished a point behind us (or on the same points) this season, so why would they sell Sigurdsson to us or, conversely, why would he see that as a step up? Especially if there is also an offer on the table from Leicester (CL). And again, he isn't somebody who can lead the line.

And weirdly enough I'm not trying to be negative haha, just know that it's going to be very difficult.

I agree, bargains/20+ goal strikers can be found, they don't even need to be big names, just good at togger.

Does my head in rom, feels like he has to re-assure him self all the time to the papers to the world "People in Belgium don't see me playing for Everton, but I am respected by fans, managers and experts like Jamie Carragher, Graeme Souness and Thierry Henry." who would ever say that, just want him to go now and us to have millions and millions to spend his attitude stinks only showed up at chelsea really 2nd half of the season

Chelsea put a winning mentality in him. Wonder if that's why he messed up there chance of winning something and got loaned out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back