Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem with Lukaku is, he actively puts himself in the shop-window at every opportunity.
If he just shut up, no one would raise an eyebrow if he joined PSG, Bayern or Juventus in the summer for 55-65 mill.

But, instead, every time he goes off with Belgium, he start blabbering. Shut the f!"# up!
Very raw material, fantastic at his best, but not in a position to talk like he does.

With Martinez gone, he could at least shut up until he knows what's up for next season. If Martinez had stayed, I'd have a little more understanding for his active role in this, but starting to shoot off ridiculous, disrespectful comments at this moment shows how little character he has.

Fine him 29 weeks wages and bye, bye!

He is a top goalscorer, I have no doubt about that. He is also a tit. I would like us to have a good manager to talk to him and get a proper idea as to what it is he wants and then make a reasoned decision as to his future. In this limbo positions can become entrenched to the benefit of no one.

Lukaku's contract runs through the 2019 season. This "I'll listen to the new owner before I make my decision" is absolute and utter bullshit.

We own his ass through 2019 if we so choose. There is no decision for Rom to make. If he wants to go, he's going all about it the wrong way.

If I'm Everton, I call up his agent and tell him in no uncertain terms that we will NOT be selling his client for any price and if client continues to use the press to try and force a move, he'll be fined and then potentially banished to the reserves until he figures out his place. Furthermore, I'd warn his agent that if it's him advising Rom to make these noises in the press to attempt to force our hand, that we'll never deal with any of his clients again.

Make no mistake, we hold ALL of the cards here. Rom and his snidey agent hold none. Let me repeat. They hold none. They have no leverage here whatsoever.

And to make matters worse, if we choose to reduce his playing time and/or banish him to the reserves for awhile, that reduces his chances with Belgium going forward.

Now I know some of you are saying "get rid if he doesn't want to be here."

You know what? Not just no, but "hell no." He's paid great wages for a contract HE signed two years ago. He's got three years to go. I'd come out with a press release tomorrow saying Lukaku is not for sale and is an integral part of our plans for the new owner and manager. He can leave on a free at the end of his contract.

Lukaku's contract runs through the 2019 season. This "I'll listen to the new owner before I make my decision" is absolute and utter bullshit.

We own his ass through 2019 if we so choose. There is no decision for Rom to make. If he wants to go, he's going all about it the wrong way.

If I'm Everton, I call up his agent and tell him in no uncertain terms that we will NOT be selling his client for any price and if client continues to use the press to try and force a move, he'll be fined and then potentially banished to the reserves until he figures out his place. Furthermore, I'd warn his agent that if it's him advising Rom to make these noises in the press to attempt to force our hand, that we'll never deal with any of his clients again.

Make no mistake, we hold ALL of the cards here. Rom and his snidey agent hold none. Let me repeat. They hold none. They have no leverage here whatsoever.

And to make matters worse, if we choose to reduce his playing time and/or banish him to the reserves for awhile, that reduces his chances with Belgium going forward.

Now I know some of you are saying "get rid if he doesn't want to be here."

You know what? Not just no, but "hell no." He's paid great wages for a contract HE signed two years ago. He's got three years to go. I'd come out with a press release tomorrow saying Lukaku is not for sale and is an integral part of our plans for the new owner and manager. He can leave on a free at the end of his contract.
Good post mate.

Unfortunately we are Everton. "Nice luvvies Everton". If Mr Moshiri can bring at the very least bring some courage and tenacity to the club that has been missing for 2 decades then he is worth more than his money to us.

Good post mate.

Unfortunately we are Everton. "Nice luvvies Everton". If Mr Moshiri can bring at the very least bring some courage and tenacity to the club that has been missing for 2 decades then he is worth more than his money to us.

Thank you. Much appreciated.

I do understand those who rather just sell him and move him on. If we were offered 60-70M, yeah, we'd have to seriously consider it.

But it's time someone at the club puts their foot down and let him know that there will be consequences for his actions.

I do understand those who rather just sell him and move him on. If we were offered 60-70M, yeah, we'd have to seriously consider it.

But it's time someone at the club puts their foot down and let him know that there will be consequences for his actions.
To take it further. IF we sell, it would have to be to a CL team that offers what we want. Tell his Manager to go and find one.
Man Utd/Chelsea? Go do one Romelu and welcome back to Finch Farm after the Euros.

Grow a backbone as a club finally.

I like the £60m figure you quote. Considering his contract is until 2019, that's what we should be looking for.

If no one comes anywhere that then let him stay for a year and score goals.

I like the £60m figure you quote. Considering his contract is until 2019, that's what we should be looking for.

If no one comes anywhere that then let him stay for a year and score goals.
I'd be happy to sacrifice £10m and send him to a CL team and take a stand as a football club with ambition would. We are no longer paupers. He has 3 seasons remaining on contract. Has been talking CL for months and disrespecting us.
So what would you do mate?

I'd be happy to sacrifice £10m and send him to a CL team and take a stand as a football club with ambition would. We are no longer paupers. He has 3 seasons remaining on contract. Has been talking CL for months and disrespecting us.
So what would you do mate?

We're not getting anyone better than Lukaku so let's just keep him. The length of his contract puts us in the driving seat.

If no one gets near his valuation (which I hope is £60m) then there is absolutely nothing to lose from keeping him here for another year. Worst case scenario is he scores another load of goals for us and a bidding war starts next season.

He's very naive and badly advised too.

Moshiri wont be watching his most valuable asset (player) with kindness when he's talking utter tribe all over the media.

...think he's actually forgotten that his contract ends in 2019

He's talking this crap only because we have no manager atm. He's using our situation to his own advantage. What an Utter idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back