Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the most frustrating players I've ever had to watch, but had a habit of grabbing 1 or 2 goals when hes had an absolute stinker of a game, and that's hard to replace.

Don't think he showed uo the last few months and as others have said, Chelsea aside he can't do it when it really matters.

He's burnt his bridges with me and many other blues I know with his recent mouthing off so it's time to get rid, and hopefully if we can get a few players of varying positions from the fee,
we can have a far stronger team and score more goals than with just him.

That has nothing to do with him being a very good footballer and better than our team.
That's a matter of opinion one not shared by his national team coach who has consistently preferred Origi to him.
What should not be accepted by any Evertonian is his persistent undermining of our club and his teammates in public. I'm off to work now with my colleagues who aren't fit to kiss my butt. Bye

To take it further. IF we sell, it would have to be to a CL team that offers what we want. Tell his Manager to go and find one.
Man Utd/Chelsea? Go do one Romelu and welcome back to Finch Farm after the Euros.

Grow a backbone as a club finally.

I thought we showed backbone last year over the Stones thing.

Just don't understand how we're going to get 50-60mil for an average player who doesn't pull his weight.
Cmoon...Martinez was the biggest reason to his bad spell...clear example of miss management and managers incapability to command respect in the dresser. Anyways I want to get rid. Rom can Koff right off.

That's a matter of opinion one not shared by his national team coach who has consistently preferred Origi to him.
What should not be accepted by any Evertonian is his persistent undermining of our club and his teammates in public. I'm off to work now with my colleagues who aren't fit to kiss my butt. Bye

Just reported this to your HR department.

Set a fee, and sell him for it. As good a player as he is, he never stops moaning about wanting to go elsewhere. Sell him to whoever for 65 mil. Having a guy mouthing off all the time will be rubbish for club morale and we are going to need everyone pulling in the same direction this year.

It is bad for fan morale as well.

I dread every time there is an international break.....he is always coming out with this type of tripe.

Though this time it is way worse.

I would love if the Belgian manager went with one of the RS lids up front.

(sod off Lukaku.....over a half a century supporting the Blues and you are the first player ever to have me thinking heretical thoughts like that :mad:)

Did you watch the semi final?

Both Semi finals. His 'performances' at the Etihad in the 2nd leg and at Wembley where some of the worst I have seen from an Everton striker, especially with his ability. Perhaps he is someone who freezes on the very biggest of stages, there are lots of examples of supremely talented individuals who just do not possess the mental strength to hold their nerve when prizes are on offer.

Lukaku is a very good footballer, but he is not irreplaceable. I have seen countless better strikers than him in my lifetime and that includes many who have played for Everton.

He also talks far too much. For someone who is considered to be intelligent, surely someone should inform him that running his mouth off about his feelings every 5mins will not reflect well on him going forward.

[QUOTE="Khalekan, post: 4531346, member: 7226"

Mr. Mo should tell him to do one......tell him to put a transfer request in writing and invite offers for him.[/QUOTE]
Yes. Why doesnt he just put in a transfer request then. I wonder...

That has nothing to do with him being a very good footballer and better than our team.

These Uriah Heep type posts cast a sad reflection on some of our fans.

We are ever so 'umble, Mr. Rom.....it is very gracious of you to play for our little 'umble club in our little 'umble abode.

Better than our team?

His purple patch last season was mainly due to the fact Gerald Deulefou was setting up chance after chance for him.

Once Del was out the team from the turn of the year onwards the threat from Lukaku diminished.

Apart from the Chelsea goal and a barnstorming performance at Saints away earlier in the season, I am struggling to think of when he imposed himself on a game and made things happen for himself and those around him.

Rom let us down on two season defining moments this season.

The first was when he missed the Hammers penno.

That was the time Moshiri joined, Goodison was on a massive high, we were two nil up and he misses from the spot.

He scores that penalty the last three months if the season might have turned out very differently.

Then we get to Wembley and we have a big moment in a game which could have redeemed our season.

Another penalty......another squandered opportunity.

"better than our team"?

Not on his best day.

His total lack of effort for the last six weeks of the season means I don't give a flying one what happens to this guy.
Doesn't deserve to play for us and shows a total disrespect to the club and fans.

Him touting himself to other clubs just makes me laugh - he's really not that good and I think any club 'bigger' than us know it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back