Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's done us a favour really as we'll be less arsed when he leaves.

I won't rewrite history and play down his ability now he's going. He is still a cracking talent and a unique one too. But the first requirement I have for Everton players is wanting to be here. So let's get him sold for silly money and bring in a couple of quality strikers who actually want to play for us.

There's nothing to rewrite - I've said all along, he blows red hot and freezing cold. He's a world beater and a liability in equal measure.

The key part of your post is "silly money" - it has to be, or we keep him, whether he wants to be here or not, because we're a business, not a charity.

We did very well keeping Stones.

Really ? Has he improved as a player? Did he have a good season? Has he signed a new contract? Baines talked about chemistry what do you think he was talking about? Yes it sends a message out in one sense but there is a reason that most clubs will not keep a player that wants away for it does nothing but cause problems.

Your opening premise is wrong, and it leads the rest of the post to be as well.

He doesn't have to be sold. We don't need to financially at all, and if anything we benefit more from letting him rot in the reserves for a year than we would by caving in and selling under his value now.

The stature of the club is worth significantly more than £50m. We should stand firm and let every prospective signing know that not one player is bigger than the club, and if you come in to the squad to do a job, then you do that job and don't mouth off to the press, or this happens to you.

If I were Moshiri right now, there's absolutely no way I'd sanction the transfer for any fee below £65m, and even then not to a domestic rival. But unfortunately I have to acknowledge I'm not Moshiri and there's no way of predicting how this will go.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want Lukaku at the club, but because of the way he's handled himself and the situation we're in, overall I personally think the correct call is to play hardball with him and slap him down.

If he was forced to play with the reserves( not that I think there is such a thing nowadays) and he fails to play a set number of games if fit then come the end of next season under FA and FIFA rules on players he is able to walk away for free. Also as I have said before in 12 months time if he is forced to stay at the club he can in effect cancel his contract all Everton would receive then would be an amount of compensation based on his salary.

There's nothing to rewrite - I've said all along, he blows red hot and freezing cold. He's a world beater and a liability in equal measure.

The key part of your post is "silly money" - it has to be, or we keep him, whether he wants to be here or not, because we're a business, not a charity.

Its true. I've never seen a post of yours where you actually did like him.

You've consistently indicated you did not like him being lazy etc. For the past two years.

Not saying anything on this other than you are right. The attitude of his stinks.

Its true. I've never seen a post of yours where you actually did like him.

You've consistently indicated you did not like him being lazy etc. For the past two years.

Not saying anything on this other than you are right. The attitude of his stinks.

Wow.

Really ? Has he improved as a player? Did he have a good season? Has he signed a new contract? Baines talked about chemistry what do you think he was talking about? Yes it sends a message out in one sense but there is a reason that most clubs will not keep a player that wants away for it does nothing but cause problems.
We still got an extra year out of him and he hasn't dropped in value. We may even get another year.

Frustrating situation this.

We waited over 20 years for a striker of his quality, someone who could get 20+ a season, and it's been well and truly blown. Stating the obvious when I say replacing him is vital.

If only we'd have got 4th in 13/14.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back