Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting all the stick he deserves.
He basically downed tools towards the end of the season and is now finding you can't just turn it back on when you want.

You'll 'be arsed' when you see the inferior quality replacement and we struggle to get goals from a striker.
Mend and stay.

for him to be 'mendable' he has to want to mend his ways, then and only then will we see if he is capable of taking instruction/coaching, capable of learning the physical skills of cushioning/trapping, capable of the mental motivation, get, act, be more mobile.

If he's of the - looks in the mirror and sings...'Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way', find a replacement and get shut...in that order.

He's a Martinez-like manager....hopeless.
Roger (Rom's Dad) has convenient blame conveyance for continued under-performance from his golden boy.

I rate Roger's son, Romelu...but the latter (egotistical loud-mouth that he is...like his drop-kick dad) has a few bridges to mend with Evertonians.
Just heard Roger Lukaku saying that a move from Belgium to Italy or Germany would put his son in a team where his skills will be rewarded, and he's had contact from Joachim Lowe already. It's on!

Stop talking βλακίες lads.

Find me a minimum 25 goals striker with upside to replace Lukaku, and a team willing to pay for a young top striker, and only then do we even bother listening as he has 3 seasons remaining on his current contract...which we should upgrade.

Top teams only get rid of their best players when they have a suitable replacement, of which the likes of Saido Berahino is utter παπάρια...

Stop talking βλακίες lads.

Find me a minimum 25 goals striker with upside to replace Lukaku, and a team willing to pay for a young top striker, and only then do we even bother listening as he has 3 seasons remaining on his current contract...which we should upgrade.

Top teams only get rid of their best players when they have a suitable replacement, of which the likes of Saido Berahino is utter παπάρια...

We could bring in a far superior actual footballer to play up front, who might score fewer goals but will actually contribute to our overall play consistently.

That's what people consistently miss about Lukaku - his goals hide the fact he is regularly a liability due to his lack of technique and work rate. Is one goal every two games worth playing with essentially 10 men most weeks?

He deserves the stick he's getting.

We couldn't replace an in-form Lukaku. He's a world-class finisher when he's on his game.

Second part of last season aside, he's scored goals even when he's been in a slump.

But something has changed in the last six months or so. He's not been the player he can be.

I'm not sure what's best now. £60 million, probably, but I can't see anyone paying that.

We could bring in a far superior actual footballer to play up front, who might score fewer goals but will actually contribute to our overall play consistently.

That's what people consistently miss about Lukaku - his goals hide the fact he is regularly a liability due to his lack of technique and work rate. Is one goal every two games worth playing with essentially 10 men most weeks?

He deserves the stick he's getting.
Who? Remembering we are a mid table team.

Yeah - look - there isn't a font for irony. That was my subtle point - that his dad would be pushing for a transfer between international sides. Now you've made my joke unfunny by me having to explain it. It was hilarious before. Now it's ruined.
Well aren't I just one..

Who? Remembering we are a mid table team.

Anyone who fits the system of the manager. It's pointless me suggesting alternatives as I'm not the manager.

If it were me, I'd attempt to build a side around Lukaku, as he's that good of a goalscorer that it's probably worthwhile to do so. Yet in reality if you look around the Premier League you will see successful sides who have someone with workrate and desire leading the line - Vardy, Kane, Aguero - who all contribute to the attacking phase of play in a more overall fashion. Even continental sides have it - Suarez, Morata etc. So if I were to play Lukaku, I'd play him in a front two every time.

A lone striker needs more than goals in the modern game. If it was 1985, Lukaku would be the best striker in the world. It's not though, it's 2016.

Think rationally.

He had a stinker last night
His form dipped last season to co-incide with senior players downing tools under the management of the worst boss in Everton's history relatively speaking.
He was our top scorer for 30 years.
He scores 20 goals + a season guarenteed.
We don't want a return to the 'Oh at least he works hard days' of Andy Johnson or James Beattie.

Basically we should be doing all we can to convince him to stay. Martinez ruined so many players (Stones, Barkley and Mirallas aren't getting a look in over in France as a result) and he got frustrated. We won't get any better than him no chance, definitely a case of better the devil you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back