Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop talking βλακίες lads.

Find me a minimum 25 goals striker with upside to replace Lukaku, and a team willing to pay for a young top striker, and only then do we even bother listening as he has 3 seasons remaining on his current contract...which we should upgrade.

Top teams only get rid of their best players when they have a suitable replacement, of which the likes of Saido Berahino is utter παπάρια...
Kithnou.
Last season the team was built around Lukaku scoring goals , certainly at the start of the season. Deulofeu was providing him with chances and Kone was put in the team to give Lukaku the help he needed. When Kone was not in the team Lukaku was not as effective.

If you look at Southampton last year Koeman relied on Shane Long more and more. Long is not nearly as talented as Lukaku but his workrate puts him to shame. Ironically Long had a decent scoring record during the season.

Next season, if Lukaku stays, I think the manager may not expect him to score as many goals, but will expect a much higher level of energy...and that could be a problem.

Two bits of play stood out, for me. In the first half a Belgian attack fell down but they kept possession just outside the penalty area.

Lukaku was in the goalmouth, five yards offside, and casually ambled back into an onside position while his teammate had possession.
Very poor.

I'll defend him, though, with the missed chance in the second half. You all saw it, and you could argue about the choice he made, but
his shot was about a foot wide. A foot. If it had been a foot left and gone in it would have been spectacular and have been re-played
over and over and his price would have gone back to post Chelsea cup tie level.

It's a game of inches, sometimes.

We couldn't replace an in-form Lukaku. He's a world-class finisher when he's on his game.

Second part of last season aside, he's scored goals even when he's been in a slump.

But something has changed in the last six months or so. He's not been the player he can be.

I'm not sure what's best now. £60 million, probably, but I can't see anyone paying that.
Strangely, I don't think he is anywhere close to being a world class finisher.
The amount of goals that he should score but doesn't is very high.

I would not describe him as a clinical finisher.

That is not to say he is a bad player.

The stick he got from blues last night was embarrassing. It made the vast majority of Evertonians on Twitter look incredibly bitter.

I'm annoyed, angry, frustrated with him and i've said things myself...but the season is approaching and he's still an Everton player.

Last night it was a team of individuals, he had zero support.

We're in a new BIG chapter of Everton here, let's not blow it by turning Goodison into a stadium of hate...AGAIN.

The stick he got from blues last night was embarrassing. It made the vast majority of Evertonians on Twitter look incredibly bitter.

I'm annoyed, angry, frustrated with him and i've said things myself...but the season is approaching and he's still an Everton player.

We're in a new BIG chapter of Everton here, let's not blow it by turning Goodison into a stadium of hate...AGAIN.

Rom plays terribly - it's mainly the team around hims fault, Rom plays well - It's mainly Roms doing and not down to the team.

Meanwhilst the bloke consistantly talks himself up, the club down and his teamates down in the bargain, lets see if he does a repeat of what he did the other week and blame his Belgium teamates for his poor showing, doubt it like as he won't be seen playing for them again if he does.

Want him to stay - yeah i do, bend over and let him do what he wants to us in the hopes he will stay - nah, sorry but if he does go, good luck and we will take the fee and invest it in players who don't think they are on a level with the worlds best when having a touch of a hippo half the time

Rom plays terribly - it's mainly the team around hims fault, Rom plays well - It's mainly Roms doing and not down to the team.

Meanwhilst the bloke consistantly talks himself up, the club down and his teamates down in the bargain, lets see if he does a repeat of what he did the other week and blame his Belgium teamates for his poor showing, doubt it like as he won't be seen playing for them again if he does.

Want him to stay - yeah i do, bend over and let him do what he wants to us in the hopes he will stay - nah, sorry but if he does go, good luck and we will take the fee and invest it in players who don't think they are on a level with the worlds best when having a touch of a hippo half the time
He's a striker, it's the most selfish position on the pitch. Give me an arrogant divvy who scores 20 goals a season, against a lovely bloke who works hard for the team and scores 8 goals a season. As a person, give me Naismith over Lukaku, as a striker it's a different matter.

Got any decent examples of this mindless bile?....

Not arsed about someone who has no respect to Everton. See what's his next step after he meets Koeman.

...ah, no surprises there then.

Excellent post @cjuk87 ; yes he fluffed his lines last night but he and his advisors were desperate to get him moved pre-tournament, and yes the plumbed some depths to do so. But he remains (and will likely remain) an Everton player who has, by and large, done pretty well for us. Direct your ire towards idiots like his father and agent

Got any decent examples of this mindless bile?....

...ah, no surprises there then.

Excellent post @cjuk87 ; yes he fluffed his lines last night but he and his advisors were desperate to get him moved pre-tournament, and yes the plumbed some depths to do so. But he remains (and will likely remain) an Everton player who has, by and large, done pretty well for us. Direct your ire towards idiots like his father and agent
He needs slapping down. Boy needs to be humbled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back