Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, let's not forget he was extremely disrespectful (more so than simply handing a request in - Stones has never bad mouthed the club). That in itself doesn't bother me, but I don't think people should be so quick to hammer Stones for his year-old transfer request then conveniently forget about Rom.

A year-old transfer request that he has yet to withdraw.

Great news get him signed up to that long term contract asap
Means Feck all mate he will be off this season or next regardless, he doesn't want to be here. Doubling his salary is just prolonging the inevitable.
He will probably sign and come out saying he was never leaving, and most on here will swallow that BS

Lukaku staying isn't just important because of the goals he scores. It is important because it will encourage our other main talents to stay (Barkley, Stones and Deulofeu) and will attract other top players. You can't help thinking that a team with Lukaku, Barkley, Stones and Deulofeu is going places.

Lukaku staying isn't just important because of the goals he scores. It is important because it will encourage our other main talents to stay (Barkley, Stones and Deulofeu) and will attract other top players. You can't help thinking that a team with Lukaku, Barkley, Stones and Deulofeu is going places.

True this let him go and we become pointless, we need to bring players in to play with him, not strengthen other sides.

I agree with a lot of what is sAidon here about Him being disloyal .... But in the end all he is showing is determination and ambition to get ahead and improve . These are the traits that separate the greats from the also rans
The fact that he now feels that is possible here is a bonus (pay rise notwithstanding)
And for that reason
I am in

Handing in a transfer request and shutting up is the right way to do it if an informal request to move has been turned down by the club. Stones did nothing wrong whatsoever - carried on playing like a professional, never mouthed off once.

As you say, it's the media aspect with Lukaku which is the massive difference, and all it did was harden our resolve.

We won't sell Lukaku this summer, even if a club was stupid enough to get close to the asking price. He only has one choice now - sign a new contract and shut up.

As said, his only option.

Time to eat humble pie, you talented idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back