Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd argue differently. Best team always wins.

Otherwise prize would be meaningless lol
No the winning team always wins however football has an element of luck. Especially over the course of a season. e.g. You can be lucky when you happen to play teams whether they are in form or in general with injuries

Sometimes even most times the luck cancels it's self out but not always.

There's also the human element. Over the course of a season players are human and go through periods of form. You wouldn't say the Chelsea team were the 10th best team last season even though they came 10th. If so then they wouldn't be a lot of people's favorites this year.

He's not but he's a class above what we can attract and since the purpose of the game is scoring selling him will only weaken us.

No he wasn't sulking. He was our best attacking player against Utd and could have had a couple. Again in a game with precious little service due to how rubbish the team was.

Ultimately that's the reason we needed to try and make top 4. If we are in a similar situation next summer then we won't be able to keep him.
Nobody is disputing his ability and his performance against Utd was better than his abysmal showing in Germany(allowing for lack of preparation because of his late return ).

Just stop for a second and think about his performance against Utd , was it a performance that would tempt any club to pay 60m for him.
60M puts him the Suarez league when he left Liverpool and unfortunately in my opinion there is no comparision between the two.

Go back and look at every goal scored by Lukaku last season and it is remarkable how many were the work of the real hero imo , Deulofeu.
A great player is a great player because he stands out from the pack, he is the leader, the inspiration to a team.

As a player I don't doubt his potential. I wonder about the other parts of his personality.
But, he is still a very young man and all I know about him is what I see and read.

Nobody is disputing his ability and his performance against Utd was better than his abysmal showing in Germany(allowing for lack of preparation because of his late return ).

Just stop for a second and think about his performance against Utd , was it a performance that would tempt any club to pay 60m for him.
60M puts him the Suarez league when he left Liverpool and unfortunately in my opinion there is no comparision between the two.

Go back and look at every goal scored by Lukaku last season and it is remarkable how many were the work of the real hero imo , Deulofeu.
A great player is a great player because he stands out from the pack, he is the leader, the inspiration to a team.

As a player I don't doubt his potential. I wonder about the other parts of his personality.
But, he is still a very young man and all I know about him is what I see and read.
FFS He was just of the plane and had a midfield of Cleverly, McCarthy, Besic and Barry supplying him.

Seriously Rom is our one properly good player who has consistently performed for us since he joined on loan who signed permanently over a lot of larger clubs because he loved playing here.

Does he say the odd stupid thing. Of course but that's because he's ambitious and needs to be at a club that matches that ambition. If he leaves it will be the fault of the board and personally I will be livid.

Plus Suarez is world class who when sold was far older than Rom and in today's market would have gone for 140m given prices have roughly doubled. Apples and Oranges

Rom will stay for now. Deffo champs league club nxt season like, long as he doesn't play for Belgium lol lol lol
Stick a release clause in his contract and give him a pay rise. The release clause won't make much of a difference because he will only have 2 years left so we will have to sell him next summer. But not this summer. Personally I wouldn't have sold Stones either unless it was for footballing reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back