Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh how we all laughed, eh?

Screen-Shot-2016-08-03-at-224410.png

Seems like the logical reaction most people had to finding out Martinez had been given the Belgium job
...and how we all still laugh with Big Rom.

Great goal scorer, but completely the wrong character to be empathising on any issue with. He's taking the piss. Doesn't want to be here. At all.

Still, what a laff eh? Let's all laff with Rom, he's such a great laff.

...and how we all still laugh with Big Rom.

Great goal scorer, but completely the wrong character to be empathising on any issue with. He's taking the piss. Doesn't want to be here. At all.

Still, what a laff eh? Let's all laff with Rom, he's such a great laff.

Every single player at our club bar possibly Barkley or Baines would want to leave for a bigger club and compete for trophies if there was interest. Should we just stick to signing players who we know will never be good enough to play for better teams and thus will be happy to stay at Everton ?

Every single player at our club bar possibly Barkley or Baines would want to leave for a bigger club and compete for trophies if there was interest. Should we just stick to signing players who we know will never be good enough to play for better teams and thus will be happy to stay at Everton ?
That's not the issue. Should we remain consistent? is the question. Laff along with him one minute, then be furious with him the next when he makes one of his umpteen (with loads more to come) "misinterpretations" about being trapped at Everton like he's being held hostage in a middle eastern cell.

BTW, Baines did want to leave for United and was blocked. His words about that summer:

"I could have signed a contract [at Everton] at any time in the summer and put it all to bed. It was a case of letting the business side of it get conducted, knowing you couldn't lose. The perspective was I could only win from this situation."

no issue with players wanting to leave, it's part of the game. it's just how you go about it init, everytime the lad is away with belguim it's the same comments, just fine him we pay his wages needs to learn to keep his gob shut

no issue with players wanting to leave, it's part of the game. it's just how you go about it init, everytime the lad is away with belguim it's the same comments, just fine him we pay his wages needs to learn to keep his gob shut

He hasn't actually said he wants to leave though.

He said he 'wanted' to leave but got blocked. He's fine with it and is happy to carry on.

Makes me laugh how he's been totally misquoted on the Juve line as well. Clearly, he was talking about when he decided to 'stay' at Everton in 2014 rather than sign for Juve. It was nothing to do with this summer.

He hasn't actually said he wants to leave though.

He said he 'wanted' to leave but got blocked. He's fine with it and is happy to carry on.

Makes me laugh how he's been totally misquoted on the Juve line as well. Clearly, he was talking about when he decided to 'stay' at Everton in 2014 rather than sign for Juve. It was nothing to do with this summer.

yer mate seen that, seen a few links saying ROM TURNED DOWN JUVENTUS, madness init people get paid to write this gash

needs to just sign a contract double his money or whatever and put a release clause in there, he cant kick off then, he's getting paid wedge and if someone wants to pay the money for him we can't block it, everyones a winner

yer mate seen that, seen a few links saying ROM TURNED DOWN JUVENTUS, madness init people get paid to write this gash

needs to just sign a contract double his money or whatever and put a release clause in there, he cant kick off then, he's getting paid wedge and if someone wants to pay the money for him we can't block it, everyones a winner

I'm sure Juve probably are interested like, but he wasn't talking about this summer - it just didn't make sense in that context at all.

I'm also sure there will be a deal offered at some point, whether he'll take it is another question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back