Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus all this talk about a striker being lazy.
If you're the only striker up there, you have to choose when to run and put pressure on the defenders. You can't do that all the time.. It would be different with two strikers or if your midfield would play really close to you. Something which didn't happen last season.
Rom is a team dependant predatory type of striker. His style is to lay in wait for the right ball, pounce on it and power it through the defence and into the net. If he does not get the right ball, then he either has to stand around like a spare part, or trot about in his zone, shaking up the defence until the ball finally comes, thus giving the impression of a lazy player. Consider the way lions hunt versus cheetahs. The lions depend on the majority of the pride driving their prey into the path of the few awaiting attackers hiding in the grass. The cheetah uses speed and skilful manoeuvring to get the job done, (thanks David Attenborough).
Occasionally, getting frustrated, he will try and create something himself, but then ends up out of position, like on the wing, feeding the ball into the box where the predator, (HE) should be. You will see this in other teams as well, where the striker is starved of passes.
Of course, if said striker loses interest (as I believe was the case with Rom last season), then he will not be concentrated enough to get himself into the right predatory position in the first place.

Self righteous and prickly.

But worse, you ignore the patronising part of your post which dismisses the opinions of those whom think differently to you.

I just wish some people would put the interests and image of EFC, not to mention their own self esteem which must take a knock the same as the rest of us when we hear of the ego driven drivel people like Lukaku spew out every time he goes on an international break.

That should be your first concern when a mis-firing striker talks utter tripe about himself......and that is why I invited you to wait until he was scoring regularly again before gloating over people "disappearing" from the thread when that happens.

Which we all hope is very soon ;)

Hahahaha.
Oh thank you for your wise lessons, oh totally-not-condescending one.

Without champions league football, on who?
I'm not asking you to be a football scout, just for your opinion

I'm not going to pretend I can give a list of names, just think we need players who want to be here, and with 3 half decent strikers we'd outscore previous years AS a team, instead of relying on one person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back