Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
We finished 4th with bent. We have had Lukaku walk around the pitch not wanting to be here for 2016.

How many goals has he scored this year? He's currently on a 10+ game goal drought.

My point was if we had 3/4 good strikers who can score from different options we would do better as a team.

The points tally we got that year would have us finishing 8th most seasons.

If you want to get rid of talent, go for it, we've had 25 years of it.

We need to get back that Lukaku with the dreadlocks, who literally knocked himself out to score for us. That's the Lukaku we broke the bank for. If he, his dad and his agent can just restrain themselves whenever a news outlet presents an opportunity, then maybe he can settle down and be that guy again. Glad he netted for his country. Now do it for Everton!

Google translation for those that can't be Arsenal'd...
Everton now playing for the second year in a row is not European . Sticking it out to someone who has so much ambition as you?
" Yes, it stings a little , but I'm someone who believes that everything happens for a reason. Otherwise I was going to go to Juventus instead of to Everton . But I opted for Everton because I found that when Italy came to me early. I find that I have not done badly at Everton . Now we have a new coach and it is completely different with Mr. Martinez. But I think I can make progress under Ronald Koeman . Perhaps the last step and then look further. "

His interviews while away on international duty are shocking. But beggars cant be choosers and we remain beggars, unfortunately.

We have to get a season's worth of goals and see if it gets us into Europe to pacify his ambitions, or failing that get the highest price for him to fund the bulk of next summer's spending.

His interviews while away on international duty are shocking. But beggars cant be choosers and we remain beggars, unfortunately.

We have to get a season's worth of goals and see if it gets us into Europe to pacify his ambitions, or failing that get the highest price for him to fund the bulk of next summer's spending.

I genuinely don't care what he says Dave - he clearly has ambition and believes 'we'can't match it. Whatever, it happens.

However, if he's as good as he thinks he is and wants to be then he has to score the goals and be playing regularly. He knows that.

If he does that then it helps the team and means we're in a better position to sign replacements when he leaves. Had we not being god-awful at defending last season, his 18 goals would have had us in the top seven places quite easily.

I'll support him fully while he's here - I'm sure most of us will - and when he goes he has my blessing tbh - best striker I've seen play at the club (though Rooney was something else when he was here).

Reactions: DRM
I still think he is a top striker. Still stand by my words on that front, and once he is fully fit you will see him start banging the goals in for us.

I expect him to score 20 league goals this season easy. Last two to do that was yak and cottee so that is the exclusive club he would join. Anything more than fantastic, but at least 20 goals (barring injuries keeping him out for weeks) is my prediction

I genuinely don't care what he says Dave - he clearly has ambition and believes 'we'can't match it. Whatever, it happens.

However, if he's as good as he thinks he is and wants to be then he has to score the goals and be playing regularly. He knows that.

If he does that then it helps the team and means we're in a better position to sign replacements when he leaves. Had we not being god-awful at defending last season, his 18 goals would have had us in the top seven places quite easily.

I'll support him fully while he's here - I'm sure most of us will - and when he goes he has my blessing tbh - best striker I've seen play at the club (though Rooney was something else when he was here).
I agree he's been a massive success here and he needs supporting/coaxing to get another 18 goals or so this season. It still doesn't take away from the fact though that he's been taking the piss in his comments for a couple of seasons now. That sticks in the craw.

It's a pity, because when he does go that will taint his legacy here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back