Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a win-win for them to see out the season. The window past he was circa 75mill and few were going to stump it up so he stays here until next summer where with only 2yrs left on his contract he'll be closer to 40-50mill and will have a lot more suitors at that price. Apparently we have money now so the pressure will be on to offer him a huge contract to keep him so if he ever signs(which I doubt) it'll be for a massive wage.
That's a lot of lost wages with no guarantee we will sell in the summer or a club he wants to go to will come in for him.

A release clause and a pay hike suits everyone.

That's a lot of lost wages with no guarantee we will sell in the summer or a club he wants to go to will come in for him.

A release clause and a pay hike suits everyone.
He wants out why would he sign?. Transfers don't happen in a vacuum, Riola and Rom will already know who's interested and what they're willing to pay.

He wants out why would he sign?. Transfers don't happen in a vacuum, Riola and Rom will already know who's interested and what they're willing to pay.
If the right deal comes up then I'm sure he will want to be able to go however if it doesn't he doesn't want to miss out on almost a year of higher wages and then stay.

You make it sound like transfers are sorted 12 months in advance. If that was the case then the windows would be very boring.

If the right deal comes up then I'm sure he will want to be able to go however if it doesn't he doesn't want to miss out on almost a year of higher wages and then stay.

You make it sound like transfers are sorted 12 months in advance. If that was the case then the windows would be very boring.
Nah I'm saying players/agents don't have to wait till an official bid is launched to know of interest. Windows are held up not over player negotiations but between clubs valuations. I'd be very very surprised if he signed a new contract this season.

Nah I'm saying players/agents don't have to wait till an official bid is launched to know of interest. Windows are held up not over player negotiations but between clubs valuations. I'd be very very surprised if he signed a new contract this season.
And those valuations often result in the player not moving.

Given he will probably go up 60k more a week that's a lot of money to miss out on.

If PSG or Chelsea etc are interested then his agent will likely know of their valuation on him and if he wants to go there that's what they set his release clause at.

That covers Rom and us in case the likes of Arsenal come in at the last minute and offer below what we value him at.

In case you are wondering. Barkley has less than 2 years to go. It's not a foregone conclusion we will sell him. The price would need to be right.

And those valuations often result in the player not moving.

Given he will probably go up 60k more a week that's a lot of money to miss out on.

If PSG or Chelsea etc are interested then his agent will likely know of their valuation on him and if he wants to go there that's what they set his release clause at.

That covers Rom and us in case the likes of Arsenal come in at the last minute and offer below what we value him at.

In case you are wondering. Barkley has less than 2 years to go. It's not a foregone conclusion we will sell him. The price would need to be right.
I'm not worried about Barkley because he hasn't said he wants to move, Rom has.

Screenshot_20160920-201603.webp
Screenshot_20160920-201612.webp
Screenshot_20160920-201633.webp

I stated that without lukaku koeman would find a way as Moyes did when he had to play bent straq and beckford amongst others.

I now revise that opinion because Moyes didn't have to entertain fraudsters like Mori lennon cleverley and Valencia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back