Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
The simple answer is that we aren't Real Madrid. We have a player who, ability wise, is at least 1 if not 2 levels above the current status of our club. When you have a player like that you either pander to him, or sell him so you can buy 2 hard-working centre forwards who will score 5 goals a season each.
The only player in our team who looks like a level or two above is that sexpot Idrissa Gana Gueye. He's been our best player most games probably never lower than a 7/10. Rom could be a 2 or a 9, you never know which until after the game.

Im sure his team mates will completely rinse the only player that knows how to stick the ball in the back of the net on a consistent basis.
I imagine it would be difficult to have neither an out ball or a target capable of holding play up.

Can't think of any other teams that are able to successfully accommodate a striker who only attribute is shooting. You normally only get the classic two up top partnerships in the lower leagues these days.

No mate, because the STCC regs are season 2015/16 + £7m + increase in non broadcasting revenues for 2016/17, 2015/16 + £14m + increase in non broadcasting revenues for 2017/18 etc.

A huge increase in Roms wage - would allow us to increase the current wage structure in order to use up some of the allowance afforded us by selling Stones though mate - and IF we intended to sell him next summer then whatever wage he was on would then be freed up to redistribute.

As it stands right now, we currently have about 40m per season in wage allowance we haven't used and thus will go to waste - which based on the presumption we intended to increase to the maximum allowable under the laws is nothing short of a criminal failiure.

Even if we bring in 5-6 players on a good wage in the January - we will still be short a huge amount of what we 'could have' increased the wages by, and from that standpoint - the purported aims (to bridge the gap to spurs) and the actual result (deciding to not spend the required money to do so) do cast a lot of doubts about not only the intentions - reduced ambitions or hyperbole, but also in the fact we appear to be the only club i have ever heard off who has actually set out with the intentions of spending a large amount of money and increasing the clubs wages massively - and who have failed to do so...

A huge increase in Roms wage - would allow us to increase the current wage structure in order to use up some of the allowance afforded us by selling Stones though mate - and IF we intended to sell him next summer then whatever wage he was on would then be freed up to redistribute.

As it stands right now, we currently have about 40m per season in wage allowance we haven't used and thus will go to waste - which based on the presumption we intended to increase to the maximum allowable under the laws is nothing short of a criminal failiure.

Even if we bring in 5-6 players on a good wage in the January - we will still be short a huge amount of what we 'could have' increased the wages by, and from that standpoint - the purported aims (to bridge the gap to spurs) and the actual result (deciding to not spend the required money to do so) do cast a lot of doubts about not only the intentions - reduced ambitions or hyperbole, but also in the fact we appear to be the only club i have ever heard off who has actually set out with the intentions of spending a large amount of money and increasing the clubs wages massively - and who have failed to do so...

We didnt sell Stones for STCC reasons, we sold Stones cos he wanted to leave.

We dont need to worry about wages, all our commercial deals will increase over the next 12months, its all gravy.

We dont need to worry about wages, all our commercial deals will increase over the next 12months, its all gravy.

But dont we need to raise the wages so that we can spend more next year? Like you get a percentage increase on what you spent last year or something.

Actually I dont care come to think of it, just buy someone!

I know why we sold stones mate, i'm more asking in regards to a stated aim by Paul that the club/owners intentions was to utilise the sale in order to meet what they have as a aim - rapid increase of wages at the club in an attmept to get aroudn level with what Spurs spend(for want of a better word - the stones sales silver lining)

I know why we sold stones mate, i'm more asking in regards to a stated aim by Paul that the club/owners intentions was to utilise the sale in order to meet what they have as a aim - rapid increase of wages at the club in an attmept to get aroudn level with what Spurs spend(for want of a better word - the stones sales silver lining)

Well we dropped the ball mate, somebody actually had an utter nightmare.

Those mistakes WONT and cant be repeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back