Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when he had Tony Cottee up front. Everyone said he didn't work hard enough, and he needed the ball in front of him. He scored 99 goals for us. Remind me of anyone since then who has done the same? It's the same with Lukaku. We have an obsession with wanting strikers who run around a lot. Latchford used to get stick in the same way. I don't care if Lukaku's stats say he moved 0.5km during the game as long as he scores. That's what he is there for.

Bob Latchford had Dave Thomas to fire the ball in for him for a hell of a lot of his goals mate. Once Thomas went Latchfords goals dried up to a certain extent.

Latchford wasn't great at holding the ball up and wasn't the most skilful of players either, but he had great service from Thomas. Lukaku feeds on scraps most of the time and needs proper service. Unfirtunatjey other than Geri ( who has paper lungs ) we haven't got anyone who can do it at the mo.

Bob Latchford had Dave Thomas to fire the ball in for him for a hell of a lot of his goals mate. Once Thomas went Latchfords goals dried up to a certain extent.

Latchford wasn't great at holding the ball up and wasn't the most skilful of players either, but he had great service from Thomas. Lukaku feeds on scraps most of the time and needs proper service. Unfirtunatjey other than Geri ( who has paper lungs ) we haven't got anyone who can do it at the mo.
That's why they bought Bolassie. At the risk of being shot, Ashley Young could do that for us (ducks swiftly).

This:

"If Romelu is good enough, strong enough, to move in the next year then we will talk to Everton about it,"

He can get off now if this is the attitude from him and his agent.

He said pretty much the same thing about, Christ, minds gone blank, the striker at United, Slat. Sort of.

His control is not good, it never will be. Hoofing it to him and hoping he will hold it up is a waste of time. We either need to pass it so the midfield is much closer to him, or play someone right up top with him. He won numerous flick-ons on Monday but nobody was there to get on to them.
But he seldom takes the ball down and controls the play like Costa or Ibra and I don't think he has that in him. Get the ball ahead of him facing goal and he is best in class for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back