Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the finishing here ffs. To think, I was made up we got him on loan and didn't think we had a chance in hell of getting him permanently, never mind at least 3 more years. Just enjoy him while we can.

This shows that he has improved in all areas, not only his hold up play. But also his finishing. I think he only scored one goal purely on strength (the one atomic shot with his right foot). The other goals are all more composed and clinically made.

Even then we E][/QUOTE]
When he doesn't score it's down to the dummies behind him not feeding the right ball through. He is a a deadly finisher. There's not much wavering in his commitment each week or his ability to slot. There is a lot of ropey form from suppliers though. He was well served today and that was the difference.
Can't disagree with any of that. If you can him the service he will score for fun. It's not like he needs 3 or 4 chances a game to score (although I'm still haunted by his finishing in the semi final against united last year). Can you imagine if we recruited someone like sigurdsson to play as a 10 behind him. Let's just hope he remains fully focused for the remaining of the season for us and we could still possibly net a top 6 place.

Even then we E]

Can't disagree with any of that. If you can him the service he will score for fun. It's not like he needs 3 or 4 chances a game to score (although I'm still haunted by his finishing in the semi final against united last year). Can you imagine if we recruited someone like sigurdsson to play as a 10 behind him. Let's just hope he remains fully focused for the remaining of the season for us and we could still possibly net a top 6 place.[/QUOTE]

I think him staying fully fit is the key mate.

A team without him in at the mo is a very frightening prospect

http://toffeeweb.com/season/16-17/news/34432.html

Barry tells Lukaku: stick with Blues to realise Champions League dream
Lyndon Lloyd Monday 6 February 2017
bubble_sm.gif
14 Comments [Jump to last]
Stu Forster/Getty Images
Gareth Barry has lauded Romelu Lukaku's work ethic and commitment to self-improvement but says the Belgian marksman shouldn't be in a hurry to leave Goodison Park in search of elite European football.

The veteran midfielder returned to the starting XI against Bournemouth on Saturday and helped the Blues stay on course for what would end up being a 6-3 victory before making way for Mason Holgate with 10 minutes to go.

Lukaku helped himself to four goals with a masterclass in finishing and that will once again have attracted the interest of Europe's top clubs. The 23-year-old has made no secret of his desire to play Champions League football and his belief that he is now ready for it but Barry says that Everton are once again on course to make that dream a reality with his goals capable of propelling them there.

"I don't think I have met a player who is so hungry to score goals," Barry told evertonfc.com. "He is desperate to keep on improving. He is a great finisher already but he won't stop there — he is working hard all the time.

"There is still room for improvement and he has got that personality and character to want to try to improve so I'm sure he won't stop now. He will be desperate to keep on breaking records."

“There have been a few stories over the last couple of years about Rom wanting to play football at the highest level, and that is the Champions League.

“I'm sure he would have had conversations with the powers at the Club and they are desperate to get there. With the signings we are making and the manager we have got at the minute, that is the road we want to go.

“Sometimes you have to be patient but I'm confident that, if Rom sticks around, Everton can get there."

Can't disagree with any of that. If you can him the service he will score for fun. It's not like he needs 3 or 4 chances a game to score (although I'm still haunted by his finishing in the semi final against united last year). Can you imagine if we recruited someone like sigurdsson to play as a 10 behind him. Let's just hope he remains fully focused for the remaining of the season for us and we could still possibly net a top 6 place.

Less than 10 assists from open play in his Premier League career, apparently. I don't think it would have had the effect you think it would

http://toffeeweb.com/season/16-17/news/34432.html

Barry tells Lukaku: stick with Blues to realise Champions League dream
Lyndon Lloyd Monday 6 February 2017
bubble_sm.gif
14 Comments [Jump to last]
Stu Forster/Getty Images
Gareth Barry has lauded Romelu Lukaku's work ethic and commitment to self-improvement but says the Belgian marksman shouldn't be in a hurry to leave Goodison Park in search of elite European football.

The veteran midfielder returned to the starting XI against Bournemouth on Saturday and helped the Blues stay on course for what would end up being a 6-3 victory before making way for Mason Holgate with 10 minutes to go.

Lukaku helped himself to four goals with a masterclass in finishing and that will once again have attracted the interest of Europe's top clubs. The 23-year-old has made no secret of his desire to play Champions League football and his belief that he is now ready for it but Barry says that Everton are once again on course to make that dream a reality with his goals capable of propelling them there.

"I don't think I have met a player who is so hungry to score goals," Barry told evertonfc.com. "He is desperate to keep on improving. He is a great finisher already but he won't stop there — he is working hard all the time.

"There is still room for improvement and he has got that personality and character to want to try to improve so I'm sure he won't stop now. He will be desperate to keep on breaking records."

“There have been a few stories over the last couple of years about Rom wanting to play football at the highest level, and that is the Champions League.

“I'm sure he would have had conversations with the powers at the Club and they are desperate to get there. With the signings we are making and the manager we have got at the minute, that is the road we want to go.

“Sometimes you have to be patient but I'm confident that, if Rom sticks around, Everton can get there."

Gaz Baz was on TS yesterday, and said pretty much that, almost word for word.

Like in a live interview, not them lifting the club thing as an audio piece.

EFC 100% behind this. Good to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back