Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton have been taken for a ride again.

Please get rid of Kenwright, Elstone, etc and get some proper business people to work on negotiations.

Pathetic by the club yet again.

Not really, we paid £28M got a load of goals from him and will now get £60-£90M when he goes.......good business.....

Not fretting over it personally, I don't think it's nailed on he's leaving at all (yet at least). He was saying the same last season and saw his arse when no one stumped up the dough. To announce this now, months away from the next transfer window, really looks like a power play from his side. The club will want an insane release clause that he won't agree too so they've gone public to cause meltdowns amongst the fanbase (in which they've definitely succeeded) and scare the club into climbing down on certain clauses.

Fact is he was promised CL and trophies during the Martinez era and look how miserably that all failed to materialise. He's not going to be locked into another contract without release clauses this time so if we have ANOTHER season of no real achievement he can just leave with no way the club can stop it.

I still have hope he'll be convinced to stay, but for how long I don't know. What he's made clear today is that he won't just accept promises from the club on face value and I don't blame him for that to be honest.

If this is true( even as I write this Sky are saying that talks continue) he will be gone at the end of the season and if I were a betting man my guess he will be going to Chelsea to replace Costa who will be off to China.
I keep banging on about the Webster ruling and whilst we don't get to hear about players invoking it you can bet your bottom dollar Atricle 17 will be mentioned behind closed doors.
and I'd happily take their roubles with Batshuyi in return.

Both - Koeman/The board have to take some of the blame as well for not sorting out the defence in the summer or winter.

Yes Jagielka's on the slide and personally I think Funes Mori is absolutely terrible- but still 5th best defence in the league.

Obviously not saying I except Lukaku to spend all game defending but we all know he lacks in work rate- if Harry Kane can do it why can't he?

Not really, we paid £28M got a load of goals from him and will now get £60-£90M when he goes.......good business.....
It's not good business.

We won't replace him with someone better, and he could go to a direct rival.

If we want to not 'be a museum' anymore, we need to be keeping our best players.

Losing Stones and now Lukaku is not doing that, is it?

Not fretting over it personally, I don't think it's nailed on he's leaving at all (yet at least). He was saying the same last season and saw his arse when no one stumped up the doe. To announce this now, months away from the next transfer window, really looks like a power play from his side. The club will want an insane release clause that he won't agree too so they've gone public to cause meltdowns amongst the fanbase (in which they've definitely succeeded) and scare the club into climbing down on certain clauses.

Fact is he was promised CL and trophies during the Martinez era and look how miserably that all failed to materialise. He's not going to be locked into another contract without release clauses this time so if we have ANOTHER season of no real achievement he can just leave with no way the club can stop it.

I still have hope he'll be convinced to stay, but for how long I don't know. What he's made clear today is that he won't just accept promises from the club on face value and I don't blame him for that to be honest.
Sensible post

Why would our club leak this to the press ? What do we gain from doing that ?

But we don't need the money apparently now...if that's the case don't care about his value. Just use the youngsters...

Moshiri didn't become a billionaire through neglect of potential income. Just because you're rich doesn't mean you're happy to take a hit of tens of millions just to prove a point. Everton is a business and thus Rom will not be getting dropped.

Bet those RS rats at the Echo are buzzing over this.

Well, it was bound to happen eventually. Will be sad to see him go, but we'll get mega bucks for him and I'm sure Walsh is on the case.

IF he goes ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back