Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good on him.

Good to see a player putting ambition before money for a change and wanting to be the best he can be. Try and keep him next season and show him he can play in the CL with us, if we fail, flog him for big money. Disappointing that we can't get him to commit but this doesn't really change too much and might act as a wake up call to the club that jam tomorrow means nothing - we need to start actually doing the business if we want to be a force.

Yes mate, because if he is bought by United or similar he will be taking a huge pay cut won't he...

Given Rom's prevarication over the past few weeks, no surprise that he's refusing to put ink to paper.

He will go in the Summer, and now only 2 questions.

(1) How much will we demand, £80 million plus?

(2) Where's his head gonna be for the rest of the season?

Remember lads no ones bigger than the club.

Let the big sulky ass leave.
We all know the grass isn't always greener.

No one who has left Everton in recent times has truly benefitted from it.

Utterly deflated

I just wish the club hadn't gotten our hopes up last week

I was hoping for at least one more season from Rom

He'll be very difficult to replace

It'll be especially brutal if he rejoins Chelsea

Got to get as much money for him as possible and hope it's spent well
Impossible to replace.

Absolutely gutted.

Leave him on the bench on Saturday. He is made an example of but still has to face the Goodison crowd. Time for everton to grow a set.

And play who man?? no point doing that when we have sod all to replace him with. Just hope we get £70 million in the summer and actually have more than 1 good striker at the club.

Tbh I would have put a £70 million release clause in solely to get us £70 million. No doubt clubs will try get him for £55/60 million in the summer knowing we have to sell before the year or sell for buttons the season after.

I've thought he hasn't looked happy for a while - when was the last time you saw him smile when he scored or acknowledged the crowd? Think he decided long ago he was leaving. It is now critical we get a suitable replacement - question is, who?

assume that you weren't at spurs away? Came over to the fans there after he scored - bit pissed off as we were still 1 down!

My go at second guessing what's gone on.
  • Lukaku wants off. Shock.
  • Everton, currently can prevent this.
  • Raiola knows this, and wanted a new deal with a minimum fee release.
  • Both parties then, want/wanted a deal.
  • Everton/Raiola couldn't agree that fee. Raiola wanting less, knowing he has teams who'd pay an amount.
  • Raiola turned to the media - 99.99999% done stuff was solely to add pressure on Everton to accept their terms.
  • Everton won't budge.
  • Lukaku comments and todays media leak the last attempt to secure that contract renewal to avoid derailing EFC season.
I hope Everton stand firm, accept no deal with a low minimum fee. A deal now with a low minimum fee means Lukaku leaves in the summer and Raiola pockets from Everton in the immediate, and for the transfer.

He has 2 years after this one remaining. What's Lukaku worth to Everton a season?
Is there a sell on clause for Chelsea to recoup any fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back