Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Rom does have great movement. You don't score the amount of goals he has for us without getting in to good positions because we don't have that many midfielders who can open up defences easily.

On his first touch I think sometimes his first touch is exceptional but sometimes it's poor. I'd say it's inconsistent more than bad but he's done some beautiful link up play this season. If he keeps on working on it as he has been he'll become great.

last season I'd laugh at anyone suggesting he's good enough for Madrid. This season I'd agree with you mate, I think he can do exactly what Benzema does but better.

Not saying it will happen but I'd say it could.

Oh and if you are reading this Rom and loving my praise of you saying your good enough for Madrid, I meant Cheltenham Madrid from the Zingari Sunday league you bad tit!

I think Rom does have great movement. You don't score the amount of goals he has for us without getting in to good positions because we don't have that many midfielders who can open up defences easily.

On his first touch I think sometimes his first touch is exceptional but sometimes it's poor. I'd say it's inconsistent more than bad but he's done some beautiful link up play this season. If he keeps on working on it as he has been he'll become great imo.

Lukaku's biggest weakness imo is his lack of fight. He rarely competes in the air and tends to back out of some challenges that he should be winning.

I think his movement is ok yes but he's often far too static and at those clubs the football is that fluid he will be caught out in my eyes.
A fine player but has his limitations.

Why are people acting like he is the only striker in world football that can score goals in the PL? There will always be others (Fowler, Cole, Owen, Van Persie, Van Nistelrooy, Shearer, Henry to name a few) were all before Lukaku and there will be plenty after him, its about getting the next one in.

People acting like he's a Messi/Ronaldo (old) hybrid and its the end of days if he goes.

I think it's just been so long since we had a consistent goal scorer, and we've had so many false dawns in the last 30 years - Rideout, Johnson, Beattie, Saha, Yakubu, Jelavic, Cottee sort of, Amokachi...i know they all had their moments, but Rom has actually been really consistent with actual goals.

Still, if you look around, there are people like Pelle, Gabiadini, Lucas Perez and others who are not top top CL material, but they are still capable of getting 18 - 20 goals for us? Must be someone out there, or are we getting Niasse back!?

Please dont start the pathetic "he wasn't even DAT good anyway" thing we always do when players leave.

Roms a top player, one of the best finishers in the world, will score so many goals in his career.

If he goes to real somehow he'd bang 30-40 goals a season easily. Same if he went yo Bayern.

Totally agree

Seems bizarre for a player to give an interview at this stage in the season saying he will leave in the summer - knowing the detrimental effect it will have on his team.

Reeks of a salesman's cheap cologne this "embargo".

I do hope if Rom is releasing an interview crying about a move that is an indication the club have told him and his agent to [Poor language removed] off and he will go on our terms.

In my eyes the club have done nothing wrong.

Contract been tabled for ages. Naive maybe but what more can they do ?

Give him £140k a week with a £60mill release clause, which is apparently what some fans want - so they can then moan that whoever handles our contracts needs sacking for giving him a low release fee.

The club havent done anything wrong. They cant force a player to sign, but we dont want to be taken for mugs if he does sign.

Class striker but I'm not enjoying his lack of respect for the club I love. He gets paid very well by Everton and stunts like this could derail our chances of getting into Europe. Does he have the professionalism to keep playing well til the end of the season?

If assume he wants to be the league's top scorer mate, only 1 way to do that.

Please dont start the pathetic "he wasn't even DAT good anyway" thing we always do when players leave.

Roms a top player, one of the best finishers in the world, will score so many goals in his career.

If he goes to real somehow he'd bang 30-40 goals a season easily. Same if he went yo Bayern.

Not sure about the bit in bold haha but I 100% agree with the sentiment.

Already acting like bitter exes and he hasn't even chucked us yet.

This is by far my favourite interview of a player wanting to leave:

It's in Dutch, but it's hilarious. Piano music and him talking about why he wants to leave and about his disappointment and almost crying. On top of being ridiculed with this video he also didn't get his transfer.

last season I'd laugh at anyone suggesting he's good enough for Madrid. This season I'd agree with you mate, I think he can do exactly what Benzema does but better.

Not saying it will happen but I'd say it could.

Oh and if you are reading this Rom and loving my praise of you saying your good enough for Madrid, I meant Cheltenham Madrid from the Zingari Sunday league you bad tit!

lol @ the last bit

Totally agree with you.

What I don't understand in all of this is who and why has this story come out now, just when we're enjoying an excellent run, Rom is on an excellent run, and we actually have a decent chance of catching LFC or MU and we are most likely going to qualify from 7th place for EL anyway? One thing which doesn't make sense is that Lukaku is genuinely committed in my opinion, as a professional, because when he scores and we lose or draw, he's upset. He's also upset when he doesn't get good passes, or when he messes up a shot or a pass or an attack. He actually looks to me like he cares and has high standards, which you can see if you read his behind the scenes interviews or articles and learn about his diet, practice regime and personal life. I'm not ready to let him go and start slagging him off. I think it's either a false story or a non-news story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back