Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rom is the best Premier League striker there is.

He was never going to stay with a perpetually midtable club like us for his whole career. We haven't even finished in the top half since 2014.

I`m not sure if it`s been said - it probably has and I apologise in advance if it has - Last time we had a prolific goalscorer we did not win the league - Lineker left and we did win it the following season - I am a glass half full person. I would also love Rom to stay, but if he doesn't, it`s not that bad!
Didn't do too bad the season after Rooney left. The only thing that bothers me is who he signs for

What if they were sold but replacements were Isco and Lacazette? Just asking hypothetically.

Lacazette signing for us is pretty unlikely, he'll want a champions league club.

Still worth trying for, just in case, but can't see him being a realistic target.

A transfer out of the Premiership would be far more palatable for most Evertonians.
Eighty million pounds from Real Madrid would soften the blow.

However, I think RK has no intention of selling Lukaku this summer. I think he will keep him for another twelve months and if Everton qualify for the CL then it may be possible to get him to sign an extension, if not Everton will still get a very good fee in twelve months time , but less than now, and of course they will have saved wages of five or six million.
Lukaku needs to continue to perform , to score goals and to play well or the clubs that he aspires to will not be interested.

I also believe that we may be active in the transfer market early in the summer to convince players like Lukaku and maybe Barkley that the club is ambitious and is prepared to invest to challenge for CL.

This, its not like he has thrown his hand in to force a move, he is still scoring and has not once put us in a false sense of security thinking he will stay, or bad mouthed Everton as a club, he has been totally open about not signing, we know where we stand. Now it is up to us to decide what we do and how we move on without him.

If he didnt have that ambition we wouldnt of got him in the first place, but he decided Chelsea's bench wasn't good enough for him and we have got the benefit from it.

Well said la

A transfer out of the Premiership would be far more palatable for most Evertonians.

However, I think RK has no intention of selling Lukaku this summer. I think he will keep him for another twelve months and if Everton qualify for the CL then it may be possible to get him to sign an extension, if not Everton will still get a very good fee in twelve months time , but less than now, and of course they will have saved wages of five or six million.
Lukaku needs to continue to perform , to score goals and to play well or the clubs that he aspires to will not be interested.

I also believe that we may be active in the transfer market early in the summer to convince players like Lukaku and maybe Barkley that the club is ambitious and is prepared to invest to challenge for CL.

Exactly this. Rom hasn't said he's leaving, he's said he's not signing a new contract. With two years remaining that's no big deal. The pressure is on him to increase the desire of his suitors, and he can only do that by banging in goals. He'll be here at least another season as long as Everton want him here. There will be several very good alternatives at half his price who will jump at the chance to come here...there's more players than the names everyone knows.
Barkley is a slightly different kettle of fish....local lad, contract running down and proabably had his head turned by the riches his mates Stones picked up and the plaudits Deli Alli is getting. At GP he gets moans and groans for holding the ball too long. Little things like that make difficult choices easier.
Personally, I reckon both will be here next season along with a couple or three very good signings, the first being Gylfi Siggurdson.

There's no way Lukaku is staying at Everton for another season. Koeman already has licked his fat bumhole with some of his comments (don't blame Koeman but he did) and Lukaku is too greedy (as if he has the talent of a Maradona or any great footballer) despite us already spending £28m on him (when nobody else would have spent that money on him!) to stay another season and actually play well, improve and score goals. I understand some of the anger towards Lukaku from those that say don't play him for the rest of the season cos they're proud and loyal Evertonians. Bye Lukaku, enjoy being a £70m+ flop at your next club and thanks for the profit for my club. Thanks to your agent too for telling everyone you would sign and now his deafening silence. Great performance in the FA Cup semi vs Man Utd btw too Lukaku, very good performance mate.

As Neville Southall said, if you don't want to be here, get your coat.

Last edited:
Exactly this. Rom hasn't said he's leaving, he's said he's not signing a new contract. With two years remaining that's no big deal. The pressure is on him to increase the desire of his suitors, and he can only do that by banging in goals. He'll be here at least another season as long as Everton want him here. There will be several very good alternatives at half his price who will jump at the chance to come here...there's more players than the names everyone knows.
Barkley is a slightly different kettle of fish....local lad, contract running down and proabably had his head turned by the riches his mates Stones picked up and the plaudits Deli Alli is getting. At GP he gets moans and groans for holding the ball too long. Little things like that make difficult choices easier.
Personally, I reckon both will be here next season along with a couple or three very good signings, the first being Gylfi Siggurdson.
I think Barkley will sign an extension, but maybe not a terribly long one, maybe three years in total. It will give him a big increase in salary, give Everton a chance to prove their ambition without tying him to the club for too long.

I'll be surprised if Rom leaves in the summer. I believe Ron and Moshiri when they say "he has a contract". I think both Rom and Ross will be here next season.

There's a couple of ways of looking at this -
RK is here for the long haul project and sees Rom as integral to his long term planning, or
RK is here until he gets that 'better' job offer and sees Rom as integral, in the short term, in moving us up the league and him getting that offer.
It could also be something completely different, we are all guessing.

There's no way Lukaku is staying at Everton for another season. Koeman already has licked his fat bumhole with some of his comments (don't blame Koeman but he did) and Lukaku is too greedy (as if he has the talent of a Maradona or any great footballer) despite us already spending £28m on him (when nobody else would have spent that money on him!) to stay another season and actually play well, improve and score goals. I understand some of the anger towards Lukaku from those that say don't play him for the rest of the season cos they're proud and loyal Evertonians. Bye Lukaku, enjoy being a £70m+ flop at your next club and thanks for the profit for my club. Thanks to your agent too for telling everyone you would sign and now his deafening silence. Great performance in the FA Cup semi vs Man Utd btw too Lukaku, very good performance mate.

As Neville Southall said, if you don't want to be here, get your coat.

Haha yeah lets forget all his goals and good performance and remember him for a bad game in a semi final haha..

Its ok i know what alot of our fans are doing.. Crying it in so when he leaves you can say didn't like him anyway, weren't that good, was lazy anyway. Just enjoy him while he is here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back