Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that is a given.
At Everton the team is built around Lukaku.
That is a problem for the manager, if he gets injured or suspended then our entire team structure has to be reorganised.

If Lukaku stays or goes I think the manager will try to bring in players that will make us less reliant on just one player.

When he goes to a top CL team, he will be asked to play a very different role. Costa at Chelsea scores goals but works incredibly hard for the team and that is what will be demanded of Lukaku. Score less and work harder...not a recipe that imo would automatically appeal to Lukaku.

Of course he has all the tools to be a success, but nothing in life, or football, certain,

He is the top PL scorer and he should believe he can play any role he is asked to. But when it put to practice who knows. He might score a lot less if he moves to Chelsea because unlike Everton, he won't benefit from the team structure and style.

You honestly think Rom is a better player than Benzema , or Ronaldo or Bale.
You honestly think his first touch , his ball control , his passing ability is good enough for Real Madrid , not a fookin chance in hell
Real want complete players

But the number of chances they would put on a plate for him, the level of opposition in 90% of games, he would easily hit 50. Not neccesarily his open play but his finishing yes.

But the number of chances they would put on a plate for him, the level of opposition in 90% of games, he would easily hit 50. Not neccesarily his open play but his finishing yes.

Teams like Madrid don't buy players to score against 90% of the league, they buy players to win them the big games. It is why Juve spent £80m on Higuin last season not lukaku and it is why teams will spend £80m on Aubamyang etc instead of Lukaku.

Looks a gone now, big question that remains is how do we get 20 goals into the team next year, i would diversify like Liverpool did after Suarez left. Alternate strikers and a couple of attacking midfielders in the 10 role and on the flanks.

Would it be unrealistic to assume that say if you signed Siggy, Rooney, Dembelle and say a Hernandez or Iheanacho, would it match or better Roms out put.

Looks a gone now, big question that remains is how do we get 20 goals into the team next year, i would diversify like Liverpool did after Suarez left. Alternate strikers and a couple of attacking midfielders in the 10 role and on the flanks.

Would it be unrealistic to assume that say if you signed Siggy, Rooney, Dembelle and say a Hernandez or Iheanacho, would it match or better Roms out put.

We simply have to do that, someone like Sigurdsson would add 5-10 goals from the midfield so we would only need 2 strikers being able to net 10 a season to replace Rom. The big thing is adding goals to Barkleys game and getting a better defence so we can push forward more and help the striker.

We simply have to do that, someone like Sigurdsson would add 5-10 goals from the midfield so we would only need 2 strikers being able to net 10 a season to replace Rom. The big thing is adding goals to Barkleys game and getting a better defence so we can push forward more and help the striker.

I think its the only way mate, i think Rom dictates our current set up to an extent. If we diversified and added goals amougst the front 3/4 then i think we will be good. The beauty of Siggy is he adds double figure goals and assists. With players like

Siggy
Roberts
Rooney
and two strikers of say Dembelle, Iheanacho or Hernandez.

I think we can more then beat the spread.

Last edited:
I think its the only way mate, i think Rom dictates our current set up to an extent. If we diversified and added goals amngost the front 3/4 then i think we will be good. The beauty of Siggy is he adds double figure goals and assists. With players like

Siggy
Roberts
Rooney
and two strikers of say Dembelle, Iheanacho or Hernandez.

I think we can more then beat the spread.

Completely forgot about this guy. Always rated him. Just checked his record this year and it is decent.

Completely forgot about this guy. Always rated him. Just checked his record this year and it is decent.

Hes a proper poacher and no mistake, ive always liked him and i think would be perfect as a scratcher up there for loose balls and scoring in small spaces he also gives the option of the two up top and the early ball with his movement at 28 he is still ripe. I think Ron likes his big and small man double acts AKA Long and Pele at Southampton. Big fan of Iheanacho as well to be honest, one of Europes top young forwards and realistically his game time will be limited with Aguero and Jesus at City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back