Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-twice-turned-down-west-ham-says-karren-brady

West Ham have twice been thwarted in their efforts to sign Everton striker Romelu Lukaku, vice-chairwoman Karren Brady has revealed.

Lukaku could leave Goodison Park this summer, possibly after he completes a Golden Boot-winning season, but Brady says he only wants to join a team that can guarantee Champions League football.

The Belgium international has continued his prolific goal-scoring form from 2015-16 this season, and his 23 goals are four better than closest challenger for top scorer honours, Tottenham's Harry Kane.
That has led to regular media speculation about his future at Everton, with Chelsea and Manchester United among clubs rumoured to be preparing summer offers for him.

West Ham have struggled for goals this season - Michail Antonio is the club's top scorer with nine goals - and Brady said in her column for The Sun that Lukaku was among the players they had made a move for.

She wrote: "Romelu Lukaku is a classic shape for a centre-forward - big, broad and decisive.

"Not all strikers are built like Everton's star - take Jamie Vardy, Harry Kane and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. None are as important as Lukaku is to Everton"

"We have twice tried to buy him but he wants a club playing Champions League football - and quickly.

"You can't dismiss his ambition but it's a shame he regards such an admirable club as little more than a stop-over."

Swerve it Brady, you Tory-backing knobhead.

West Ham really are a joke of a club.

A stop over is Payet at West Ham. He was there for 10 minutes then threw a strop and got bored of what is a very small club with some godawful fans.

Lukaku has been here for 4 years and isn't exactly throwing a tantrum. He's the top scorer in the league ffs. It's difficult to justify having the top scorer in the league when you've finished 11th, 11th and 7th. But he knows we are on the up and that's why he stayed this long.

He has perhaps grown faster than we have and I think most level headed blues wouldn't begrudge him going to a title chasing team. He's at that level, and we're not. Yet. Whereas Dildo FC are never going to reach that level. And they never have in their entire history.

Not really. The top teams never usually sell to a competitor for the top positions.
Doubly so, Rom and Drogba can go do one. Happy to take a loss and sell for less overseas.

Of course, Everton will show no spine once again.

4c2280500265992407c8ea13a334f2f5_bill-kenwright-bill-kenwright-meme_620-413.jpeg
I meant you could say that about selling him to any other Prem team as well haha

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-twice-turned-down-west-ham-says-karren-brady

West Ham have twice been thwarted in their efforts to sign Everton striker Romelu Lukaku, vice-chairwoman Karren Brady has revealed.

Lukaku could leave Goodison Park this summer, possibly after he completes a Golden Boot-winning season, but Brady says he only wants to join a team that can guarantee Champions League football.

The Belgium international has continued his prolific goal-scoring form from 2015-16 this season, and his 23 goals are four better than closest challenger for top scorer honours, Tottenham's Harry Kane.
That has led to regular media speculation about his future at Everton, with Chelsea and Manchester United among clubs rumoured to be preparing summer offers for him.

West Ham have struggled for goals this season - Michail Antonio is the club's top scorer with nine goals - and Brady said in her column for The Sun that Lukaku was among the players they had made a move for.

She wrote: "Romelu Lukaku is a classic shape for a centre-forward - big, broad and decisive.

"Not all strikers are built like Everton's star - take Jamie Vardy, Harry Kane and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. None are as important as Lukaku is to Everton"

"We have twice tried to buy him but he wants a club playing Champions League football - and quickly.

"You can't dismiss his ambition but it's a shame he regards such an admirable club as little more than a stop-over."

Swerve it Brady, you Tory-backing knobhead.

West Ham really are a joke of a club.

100% mate, complete gutter press and the less said about the WH hierarchy the better.

"No club can force a transfer on a player"

Similarly no player can force a transfer on a
club.

Especially one with 2 yrs to run. I'm not implying he would want to go ply his trade in China . But this is not about what he wants .
Its whats best for Everton FC
The club can dictate anything they want at the moment , if they play it like Liverpool did with Suarez its win win.
If he is to stay for a year then a compromise can be made with him & his agent.
If he wants out right away put him up for sale to the highest bidder , it really is that simple.
The only thing we know for certain is that Rom has said he isn't going to sign the contract that is on the table, and that, at the end of this season, there are 2 more years remaining on his current contract.

As I see it, there are 4 possible outcomes.

1) The club offer a revised contract that is acceptable to Lukaku and his agent. I can't see this happening to be honest, and I certainly wouldn't welcome it if it meant putting the club in worse position than it is now as regards future potential transfer fees.

2) The club shows ambition early in the transfer market. Brings in he likes of VVD and Tielemans and Mertens. and Rom decides he's seen enough commitment from the club and decides to sign the contract on the table. As an optimist, I'd like to believe that this is a possibility but the cub need to be a lot more decisive than they have shown in the past for this to happen.

3) The club will have a value in mind for Lukaku which I suspect will be north of £70m. The club will also want any business does early in the window, certainly by end of July I would imagine. Rom and his agent will be aware of all this. If somebody comes in and offers the required amount, then Lukaku will go. I believe this will be the most likely outcome.

4) No club meets our valuation of the player so Lukaku stays with us. I think this is the second most likely outcome and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Depends on how the player commits himself on the field next season. We've seen both sides of Rom during his tenure here and I don't know which player we'll see if he is forced to stay.

As for which party has the upper hand, I actually think it's 50/50. Yes, the club can force him to see out at least another year of his contract, but by doing that his value will undoubtedly drop plus we may have a disgruntled player on the books. From Roms side, he can also decide not to sign for a club if he so wishes. So if the likes of a Chinese club or PSG match our value, Lukaku is not compelled to sign. In addition, from the end of this season he has a limited period when he can invoke FIFAs article 17 which allows him to buy out his own contract. It's very rarely done so I'm not sure what the actual process is and how long it takes, but it will undoubtedly be very unsavoury for all concerned.

As regards potential suitors for Rom, it really is a limited market. Apart from the Chinese, there are probably only 6 premier clubs, 2 from Italy, 3 in Spain, 1 in Germany and 1 in France who could afford the fee. So 13 in total. He won't suit the style of either Liverpool or City and I would say the same for Barca, Real Madrid and Munich. I don't think Arsenal will provide CL football and I don't think he'll be happy playing in a sub standard French league. Spurs already have Kane plus I don't think Levy would be prepared to pay the fee. Juventus have Higuain, Dymbala and Mandzukic. That leaves United and Chelsea in England, and Milan and Atletico abroad. Not a great deal of options for him and it's highly unlikely that Milan will manage to catch up with Napoli for a CL place so that will probably rule them out too.

Bottom line is I've really no idea what is going to happen in the summer and we'll just need to see how it all plays out. This is reflected in the betting which actually has him staying at Everton as slight favourites ahead if joining Chelsea and Man Utd.

The only thing we know for certain is that Rom has said he isn't going to sign the contract that is on the table, and that, at the end of this season, there are 2 more years remaining on his current contract.

1) The club offer a revised contract that is acceptable to Lukaku and his agent. I can't see this happening to be honest, and I certainly wouldn't welcome it if it meant putting the club in worse position than it is now as regards future potential transfer fees.

2) The club shows ambition early in the transfer market. Brings in he likes of VVD and Tielemans and Mertens. and Rom decides he's seen enough commitment from the club and decides to sign the contract on the table. As an optimist, I'd like to believe that this is a possibility but the cub need to be a lot more decisive than they have shown in the past for this to happen.

3) The club will have a value in mind for Lukaku which I suspect will be north of £70m. The club will also want any business does early in the window, certainly by end of July I would imagine. Rom and his agent will be aware of all this. If somebody comes in and offers the required amount, then Lukaku will go. I believe this will be the most likely outcome.

4) No club meets our valuation of the player so Lukaku stays with us. I think this is the second most likely outcome and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Depends on how the player commits himself on the field next season. We've seen both sides of Rom during his tenure here and I don't know which player we'll see if he is forced to stay.

As for which party has the upper hand, I actually think it's 50/50. Yes, the club can force him to see out at least another year of his contract, but by doing that his value will undoubtedly drop plus we may have a disgruntled player on the books. From Roms side, he can also decide not to sign for a club if he so wishes. So if the likes of a Chinese club or PSG match our value, Lukaku is not compelled to sign. In addition, from the end of this season he has a limited period when he can invoke FIFAs article 17 which allows him to buy out his own contract. It's very rarely done so I'm not sure what the actual process is and how long it takes, but it will undoubtedly be very unsavoury for all concerned.

As regards potential suitors for Rom, it really is a limited market. Apart from the Chinese, there are probably only 6 premier clubs, 2 from Italy, 3 in Spain, 1 in Germany and 1 in France who could afford the fee. So 13 in total. He won't suit the style of either Liverpool or City and I would say the same for Barca, Real Madrid and Munich. I don't think Arsenal will provide CL football and I don't think he'll be happy playing in a sub standard French league. Spurs already have Kane plus I don't think Levy would be prepared to pay the fee. Juventus have Higuain, Dymbala and Mandzukic. That leaves United and Chelsea in England, and Milan and Atletico abroad. Not a great deal of options for him and it's highly unlikely that Milan will manage to catch up with Napoli for a CL place so that will probably rule them out too.

Bottom line is I've really no idea what is going to happen in the summer and we'll just need to see how it all plays out. This is reflected in the betting which actually has him staying at Everton as slight favourites ahead if joining Chelsea and Man Utd.
Good post.
Option 2 would be the outcome we would all want.
Gonna be interesting either way.

Love Rom to stay, really would. I've even said I think we should keep him until next summer for one last go at qualifying for Champs League etc. But starting to wonder now. All this touting himself round and constant snippets in the media about who thinks what and who says this and that about him, its getting tiresome.

Think you need to check the facts before posting mate.
If things became unsavoury (which i hope they dont) it would be January 2019 before he's allowed to reach agreement with another club.
The clubs in a strong postion here mate.
Thing is "mate" he can force a move this year . He will be 3 years since he signed his contract and as such is outside what is called the protected period.
What you are talking about is he were to run his conract down and leave on a Bosman . What I am talking about is him leaving under Article 17.

So the club just roll's over to whatever wants with no regard to what the club wants.
Stop trying to justify his sale mate , some on here were wanting us to sell Stones to Chelsea for 20/25 mil a year before we got best part of 50 mil for him off City.
Club will call the shots here , he's not really in a position to down tools is he.

Not at all, if we sell now we should be looking for 80mil. Next season it would be half that amount.

I wouldn't mind if it was Chelsea as long as we were able to bring in some of their players like Abraham, the Chalobah brothers etc...

What we really need are players and Chelsea have the new lukaku in 'Abraham' as well as others who could improve our squad and fill the gaps for us.

We then use our own money to buy 3 first team stars.

Good post mate. Imo I think it hinges on Costa staying or leaving. I know Conte has said Rom isn't the finished article and needs to work on his hold up play, but there's no denying he's going to find the net and no doubt as he ages other aspects of his game will improve. I think Chelsea will be the only destination and it'll obviously depend on Costas situation.

Thing is "mate" he can force a move this year . He will be 3 years since he signed his contract and as such is outside what is called the protected period.
What you are talking about is he were to run his conract down and leave on a Bosman . What I am talking about is him leaving under Article 17.
Webster ruling is a big issue like, not oft invoked but at the fees were talking about, very much a possibility

isn't that webster ruling if the player has 3 years left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back