Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he goes this summer I will fume. Fully expect him to go next summer if we don't get top 4, but he has 2 years left not 1. Even with 1 left we'll get 50m plus easily. If not more. We'll make up the difference in champion league money and if we strengthen around Rom then why can't we finish top 4?

My big worry for this window is the fact we had 50 million to spend last summer and we was perusing players like Sissoko and Kone after the media Spin died down along with buying Bolasie and Williams mid table players.

We could easily be in a similar boat where we think we will have a chance of VVD and Pickford and then proceed to get
Cuco Martina and panic and buy Valenica on a perm.

We have had many seasons with Lukaku and never kicked on due too one reason or another, we are supposed too have money now yet that seams too make no difference as it looks like we have real chance of losing Stones Barkley Lukaku and Gerard D in space of 18 months.

I hope we keep him for another year and make promises he can leave but I am worried Chelsea will snap him up this summer.

I hope in 5 years we don't look back in regret saying 'we had top scorer in the league and didn't manage to win a trophy and the board bought players like Valenica and Bolasie and played lennon too support him instead of improving' or words too that affect.

You need to set yourself up as an agent selling Evertons best players Dave. You'd make an absolute killing.
I dont want it to happen, it's the reality. We could always stick our heads in the sand and hope the world of football ignores Lukaku's form I suppose.

My big worry for this window is the fact we had 50 million to spend last summer and we was perusing players like Sissoko and Kone after the media Spin died down along with buying Bolasie and Williams mid table players.

Does the fact that Chelsea have Victor Moses and ex Bolton full back Alonso in their team, also Leicester won the league with Simpson, Morgan, Huth etc etc have no bearing on your thoughts in the slightest?

Do we need a team full of world class stars to make some people happy I wonder at times?

It's like a parallel universe for some, where they ignore the blatant fact that every member of the team and squad cannot be a worldy!

Does the fact that Chelsea have Victor Moses and ex Bolton full back Alonso in their team, also Leicester won the league with Simpson, Morgan, Huth etc etc have no bearing on your thoughts in the slightest?

Do we need a team full of world class stars to make some people happy I wonder at times?

It's like a parallel universe for some, where they ignore the blatant fact that every member of the team and squad cannot be a worldy!

Moses and Alonso are better than Baines and Coleman in their role.

Leicester won the league by not spending 30 million on crap like Sissoko we supposedly wanted to do.

My point was I wouldn't be happy for overpaying for crap like bolasie and Sissoko, and if we did sell him we have too improve. 70+ mil should in theory be able to sign some great players from a solid scouting team.

At Juve, Chelsea and Italy as manager mate, Conte has always gone for a completely different type of striker up front than Lukaku, IF and its a big if, they are interested genuinely in him - it's more than likely coming via Abramovic rather than Conte, as a manager he has always gone for the very industrious types or for a target man up front, and nearly every one of them had a great touch and hold up play etc.

United - just don't see Mourinho wanting him unless they get knocked back for everyone he does want

Bayern won't spend the necessary, they've shpown in the past they are very willing to convince a target to sit out his contract as well - did that a few times with big Dortmund players - so could see that being a scenario - but 100% not this summer

PSG - yeah they can afford him offer him CL, but from everything the player has said he wants a more competitive league, but who knows if they offer him an insane wage coupled with CL footy and guaranteed league titles almost.

City not a chance in hell mate, they have the money to go for any player in the world, not even a slight chance Guardiola will spend it on a striker unlike any he has ever worked or bought before
I concede that you;re right on the Chelsea front. Not a Conte player in all honesty, but you're equally right that Roman might see this as a Drogba reprise signing and just buy him anyway. Depends on what interference the manager will accept, I suppose.

Mourinho: I could imagine him to square off any interest in Lukaku by highlighting his own genius in sending him out to better himself in the first place (everything has to be viewed through the prism of his magnificence at all times, of course). At the end of the day, who'd turn down a consistent goalscorer proven beyond doubt in this league?

Bayern: IIRC I mentioned to you before they paid out €80M on Gomes (or committed to paying it as add ons) and that the Bundesliga secured a massive increase in tv rights that, although half the amount raked in by the PL clubs, is about as much as La Liga gets and will also favour the bigger clubs in Germany more than others. They have cash to spend and if there's one team that needs a major overhaul it's Bayern.

PSG - yes and no, for the reasons we both highlight.

City - ok, maybe so.

he isnt going anywhere this summer.

the whole team is ageing? is it? you mean Alonso and Lahm who are both retiring but they already have their replacements ready made and signed. Robben and Ribery will go soon but they have Douglas Costa and Kingsley Coman already.

Far from an ageing team
Far from an ageing team...then you name four of them!

Throw in Rafhina (32 for the start of next season) and Vidal (turns 30 next month) also.

Moses and Alonso are better than Baines and Coleman in their role.

Leicester won the league by not spending 30 million on crap like Sissoko we supposedly wanted to do.

My point was I wouldn't be happy for overpaying for crap like bolasie and Sissoko, and if we did sell him we have too improve. 70+ mil should in theory be able to sign some great players from a solid scouting team.
Oh good grief.

If he goes the deal will be done swiftly after the season iand in our terms. If it starts to stall Koeman will pull the plug. Our season will start early.

This situation is good for us. Lukakus situation puts enormous pressure on board to deliver the funds for summer overhaul. Healthy pressure if I may.

We're going to have 12-15 million for Gerry , 6-8 million for cleverly and if hull stay up 10million for Niasse before we start spending at all . Plus Mcgeady and some others off the books ... this will be a big window for us and keeping Rom would be great ... think it will be difficult though as it seems a decision is made and if he was staying it would be announced to up the feel good factor ! If he goes we just gave to keep going and find replacements. For me it is all very positive at the moment ..!

Bayern is a cash rich club, on the last accounts they made nigh on 150 million euros in profit.

The young Portugal player they signed before the Euros is a deal worth upto 80 million. If they want Rom, they could afford him easily.
If they sell Lewandowski they will go for someone like Aubemayang or Werner. Don't think they will splash the cash on a Premier League player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back