Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on. Well remembered.

Everton chairman Bill Kenwright said: "David Moyes and I agreed Wayne has to be a £50million player now.

"We do smile about what Wayne is worth but, then again, we also talk about who's going to be alongside him with us next season."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-slap-50m-price-tag-Rooney.html#ixzz4eXWEPNcP

Is that after kenwright had remortgaged his house for the tenth time?? Different circumstances the club is in now

Not necessarily... they could just simply be putting it out there that if any smart alec thinks they can come and plunder him from us cheaply in the summer transfer window, think again.

Two years on his contract... you want him, stump up £100 million and we'll consider it... anything else, jog on !

That's how normal judge it Andy, and it's clearly what's happened. They've called everyone's bluff, you want him cough up or we'll have him.

Let's see that fat snake of an agent try and broker that

If the club are saying £100M (or letting it be known through their stooges) that means relations between club and player/agent are in the toilet.

I find that concerning. We dont want a Luklaku with a titty lip next season. Just sell him for £70-80M and start rebuilding.

Thought the fee last year was £75mill. Nobody bought him and he's so far scored loads of goals?

Not necessarily... they could just simply be putting it out there that if any smart alec thinks they can come and plunder him from us cheaply in the summer transfer window, think again.

Two years on his contract... you want him, stump up £100 million and we'll consider it... anything else, jog on !
...which if you're Lukaku with your heart set on a CL club next season (after repaying us 10 times over with his goals and trebling of his fee) will feel like a slap in the face.

He wont sign a new contract under those conditions and the club will find it hard to get a massive fee for him with 12 months on his contract.

Doesn't make sense to me to hold him here. It's not logical and probably not ethical given his service.

That's how normal judge it Andy, and it's clearly what's happened. They've called everyone's bluff, you want him cough up or we'll have him.

Let's see that fat snake of an agent try and broker that
Either way we win...
Nobody pays, Rom stays...
Somebody pays, we get the worlds' biggest fee to re-invest in three or four key players.

Ideally, nobody pays, Rom stays and continues scoring goals, we finish at least top four, ideally champions and then rip the CL apart ;););)

If the club are saying £100M (or letting it be known through their stooges) that means relations between club and player/agent are in the toilet.

I find that concerning. We dont want a Luklaku with a titty lip next season. Just sell him for £70-80M and start rebuilding.
As quoted many times , 2018 is World Cup year. No footballer with ambition/ego will risk a possible career defining competition by being petulant

...which if you're Lukaku with your heart set on a CL club next season (after repaying us 10 times over with his goals and trebling of his fee) will feel like a slap in the face.

He wont sign a new contract under those conditions and the club will find it hard to get a massive fee for him with 12 months on his contract.

Doesn't make sense to me to hold him here. It's not logical and probably not ethical given his service.

Lol

Not ethical; he's an employee and an asset of the club. His feelings can go in the bin until someone pays what we want. He's paid to do a job, and he's done it so his service is what's expected of him

As quoted many times , 2018 is World Cup year. No footballer with ambition/ego will risk a possible career defining competition by being petulant
...and he wont want to go into next summer's WC with a new club to find then.

We are entering crunch time here with this. Lukaku wants out now and I doubt it will be stopped.

I remember we slapped a £50M price tag on Rooney and sold him for £21m up front.
Yeah but we had no choice, the bank wanted the money and Peter J had left us in such a mess we no other options. But thanks to the Evertonian God that is Farhad Moshiri those days are history.

Lol

Not ethical; he's an employee and an asset of the club. His feelings can go in the bin until someone pays what we want. He's paid to do a job, and he's done it so his service is what's expected of him
Doesn't work like that. This isn't an industry churning out washers on a production line. It's a people business.

Be as crude in your analysis of it as you like. You will be 100% wrong though.

For all the gushing over Rom we are still a way off top 4 even with him

Really ?

Even if City, Utd and Arsenal win all their games in hand then, with 5 games left we'd be something like 7 or 8 points behind top 4. Now, at the top of the table, I grant you, that's a fair gap, but the propensity for Blues to be able to belittle what we're doing, and where we might end up, is staggering.

Doesn't work like that. This isn't an industry churning out washers on a production line. It's a people business.

Be as crude in your analysis of it as you like. You will be 100% wrong though.

No, I think you're wrong it's exactly how it works.

We owe him and his feelings nothing, he's earned a very good wage from us while doing his job. The only thing unethical is him earning tens of millions of pounds a year while people contributing to his salary could be struggling to pay their mortgages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back