Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all b**locks, but does anyone really think he's worth £100m? I had the misfortune to be at the WHU game last weekend, we did not play well but Rom was poor, he is a very, very good goal scorer but he is not a game changer. If we get £70-80m (as ridiculous as that sounds when Alan Ball went for £220k) I would say it's good business as I have an inkling that he doesn't want to play for us anymore. BTW, the Bally point was only intended as a point of reference for old farts.
I think the 100 million is the clubs way of deterring other clubs from putting in a bid and showing Rom how highly he is valued.
Let's be honest he's not perfect but there is no way on gods green earth we as a club will attract a player who will practically guarantee us 20/25 goals a season , maybe more if we get better players around him.
I agree he's not worth 100 million but we are not going to find a replacement
That's why RK keeps stating he has 2 yrs on his contract and he must honour it , and if ROSS won't sign he must be sold.
He is more or less telling Rom , you will not be sold this summer but if you feel we are not good enough next summer than you can go.
Just my take on the situation.

True that, besides will Abramovich really want to spend the money to buy back someone they had once but sold for what is now looking like a cheap fee? For what we want Chelsea can find better.
We did the same with Matic and Luiz, we could eventually be priced off him or whatever, but it certainly wont be because we sold him before.

I think the 100 million is the clubs way of deterring other clubs from putting in a bid and showing Rom how highly he is valued.
Let's be honest he's not perfect but there is no way on gods green earth we as a club will attract a player who will practically guarantee us 20/25 goals a season , maybe more if we get better players around him.
I agree he's not worth 100 million but we are not going to find a replacement
That's why RK keeps stating he has 2 yrs on his contract and he must honour it , and if ROSS won't sign he must be sold.
He is more or less telling Rom , you will not be sold this summer but if you feel we are not good enough next summer than you can go.
Just my take on the situation.

I fully agree, though we both know that the value a club puts on a player who wants out is just chest beating. I would rather see him go for £70m or so this summer than poison the dressing room next season and then go for the same fee in summer 2018.

I fully agree, though we both know that the value a club puts on a player who wants out is just chest beating. I would rather see him go for £70m or so this summer than poison the dressing room next season and then go for the same fee in summer 2018.
I don't think Rom is the type to poison the dressing room.
I think he will play out the season , try to improve himself , keep scoring goals and go to the World Cup.
If he's not sold , I think he will sign a new contract on big money with a more realistic release clause with a caveat that if we get CL he will stay.

As was pointed out to me by a fuming RS fan when the 100 million fee was mentioned.
And I quote
"If the big lump was that good why haven't the really big clubs like Real ,Barca ,Bayern and Athletico come calling. "
He reckons he's not half the player Suarez or Ledownski (sp) is.
He could be right or it could be pure spiteful jealousy.

Or Lukaku could be getting the golden boot at 23.

It's all b**locks, but does anyone really think he's worth £100m? I had the misfortune to be at the WHU game last weekend, we did not play well but Rom was poor, he is a very, very good goal scorer but he is not a game changer. If we get £70-80m (as ridiculous as that sounds when Alan Ball went for £220k) I would say it's good business as I have an inkling that he doesn't want to play for us anymore. BTW, the Bally point was only intended as a point of reference for old farts.
Unfortunately Blue 62 I am almost certain he wants to go just got a feeling Conte will go for someone with a higher pedigree and he knows who is out there.Think Costa will be sold to China so will have mega riches at his disposal.Don't think they will pay 80-85 mill for Rom don't know where that will leave Lukaku hopefully still with us.

Deliberately avoiding the swear filter !

No-one thinks he's worth 100m, but that's how the game works. We ask for 100, someone offers 60. We say nothing under 90, they go up to 65 and we agree on 70-75 plus 10m in add ons and call it "undisclosed"

No, but I didn't think Bale was worth 89m, Pogba 90m or whatever it was, and so on.

But the going rate is the going rate. Top scorer in the Prem + young + consistent + we have no need or desire to sell = $$$.

When we're being quoted £50m+ for Koulibaly, then we should be aiming to get as much as possible for Rom, who is a striker -- arguably the hardest position in the modern game to fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back