Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really get the Belgium dislike of Lukaku. Yeah, he's not perfect. No one is claiming he is. Simple fact is that he's one of the top strikers in the world at age 23. Maybe in a few years, he'll improve even more and help bring Belgium some trophies. They seriously need better coaching though.

I know Lukaku's histrionics on the pitch can be annoying. He thinks he's open all the time and starts waving his arms around in disgust if he doesn't get the pass. That's hardly unique to him though. I think the top strikers need to have a certain amount of arrogance and confidence on the pitch. It would be nice if he didn't whinge as much though.

No doubt he will improve in certain areas as time goes on and getting more experience, even though he is very experience in the PL for someone so young.

His first touch is inexcusable though, growing up some people naturally have good ball control and first touch etc, and some can improve on it but as a 23 year old preofessional footballer if your first touch is not natural, I don't think its ever gonna be that good. First touch and controlling of a ball should be well ironed out by this age.

No doubt he will improve in certain areas as time goes on and getting more experience, even though he is very experience in the PL for someone so young.

His first touch is inexcusable though, growing up some people naturally have good ball control and first touch etc, and some can improve on it but as a 23 year old preofessional footballer if your first touch is not natural, I don't think its ever gonna be that good. First touch and controlling of a ball should be well ironed out by this age.

You're right that he doesn't have a natural first touch. I'm sure he's working hard on it and I think he has improved it but I don't think it's ever going to be great. I guess I can give him somewhat of a pass for that since at least a portion of that is not his fault. He was born with rock feet.

I believe the mental side of his game should improve greatly in the next 4 years or so. More willing to pass and be a team player, the ability to analyze the defense and make better runs, anticipating what his teammates will do instead of just reacting, discussing issues calmly with others instead of whining and waving his arms about, knowing that he needs to work harder at least at certain times. If he does those things, I can live with a bit of a loose first touch.

A message to Rom
Screenshot_20170427-110705.webp

The Lukaku thread on Sunday after the game will be like this...

If Rom plays well and scores.. "oh he only turned up n played well to impress Chelsea and he wants to go to them"

If Rom doesn't score and plays poor.. " Typical didn't turn up cos he supports Chelsea and doesn't want to cock up there title, and wants to be in Chelsea colours next season"
Maybe the reaction will depend on how he actually performs on the day.

Weird idea I know, but that is how some try to assess a player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back