Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't score in the derby which would have shown he was the real deal. He didn't score today which would have shown Chelsea they need him next season. He's not a player that can single handedly change a game with moments of brilliance. He's just a boss slotter who's had a team built around him at Everton and done well off it in my opinion.

I'd like to keep him to see if we could kick on with some new players brought in. But to be honest I'd just let him jog on for what he wants now, as the moment he started making comments about leaving and the club etc, he pretty much burnt his bridges having a hissy.

We rebuild and start again. I hope we keep Koeman.

No chance.
I could never have kissed the badge of Man U on the day that Alan Ball died. That was dreadful.

If he left because of our finances then so be it. Having won the League and CL he could have returned 6 or 7 years ago.
He didn't.
The same Alan Ball who left us for Arsenal?

Wayne was a young angry lad and acted like a bit of a bell but he is a blue through and through.

A true blue from Liverpool, embrace him not hate him.

I no longer hate him.

Ferguson grew up a Rangers fan.
He is an Everton legend and an Evertonian.

Rooney grew up an Everton fan.
He is an Everton fan. But he is a Manchester United legend.

That was the point regarding bringing in players from abroad. You have to hope they embrace the club and are not just a mercenary as so many are these days.

Harry Kane is a Spurs fan and will possibly achieve great things there. That is the dream combo.

FWIW I think Tom Davies has the chance to become that talisman in the coming years.

He has acheived the dream of playing for the team he has supported.

He gave years of his youth training and making himself a better player for us.

So?

That doesn't make him more of an Evertonian, it just makes him a better footballer than a useless lump like me

He's no better or worse than any Blue who has dedicated their lives to the boys in royal blue

He's defo a Blue, but no better a one than you or me, he was getting paid during his years of service, as opposed to you a me who put our own money into the club never getting anything back because we love it

And I'm sure Wayne himself would say the same

So?

That doesn't make him more of an Evertonian, it just makes him a better footballer than a useless lump like me

He's no better or worse than any Blue who has dedicated their lives to the boys in royal blue

He's defo a Blue, but no better a one than you or me, he was getting paid during his years of service, as opposed to you a me who put our own money into the club never getting anything back because we love it

He has dedicated blood sweat and tears for the club. We have'nt.

He spent years as a youngster not getting paid but spent the years improving himself.

Its like me saying im a better olympian than Usian Bolt. Its not the case.

So?

And I'm sure Wayne himself would say the same

I would give this 100 likes if I could.

Imagine having the gift to play football for the team you love and be paid your full mortgage PER WEEK for that honour.

It costs so much both financially and emotionally to follow a football club.

Yet we all do it. And will continue to until we are gone.

He spent years as a youngster not getting paid but spent the years improving himself.

Would that not be 'better footballer'?

Evertonian is not the issue in this case.

I have dedicated my career to being the best graphic designer I can be.

That was my skill and raw talent and I have worked bloody hard to enhance it for 20+ years in the industry.

I like you Mooms, but you're way off here

I'm not taking away what Rooney has done for Everton as a player, nor am I questioning his status as a Blue, but it's utter madness to say some people are better Evertonians than others just because they played for Everton at one point

In my opinion, we can't have a hierarchy. We're all Blues together and we all share equal importance, except for @chicoazul of course, the glorious king of all Blues, praise be to him!

It's going to be sickening to see him play for Chelsea next season

I understand why he wants back there like, he's a Chelsea fan and he feels he has unfinished business, but man, those fans treated him like dirt when he left. They chanted "Chelsea Reject" at him and everything, and now he's going to gleefully go back and they're going to smugly welcome him back into the fold

It really is a kick in the knackers for us, who believed in him when they didn't and backed him when they were taunting him

I know it's stupid to expect loyalty from a player, and I've been expecting Rom to go for a while, but they'll be unbearable with their goading and smugness when he walks out at Goodison with a Chelsea shirt on. I wish he was committed to the project here but the timing just hasn't worked out, and we're not along enough to make him want to stay

Two accursed wasted seasons where we should have kicked on but didn't and a season here where we steadied but needed more. Had we done better, he might see us as a more viable option. As it is, Chelsea are just so much better than we are and he already likes them to begin with, there's just no contest

Oh well, life goes on I suppose and there'll still be an Everton long after Romelu Lukaku hangs up his boots, but it would have been brilliant if we'd been able to hang onto him and he'd gone on to legendary status here as part of an all-time successful side

We need to get the right price and hope the money is spent well. He'll be irreplaceable, but hopefully we can come out of it as a stronger side even if we can't find anyone that matches him as an individual

This summer is possibly the biggest in our modern history, let's hope we do the business we need to
I still blame Bill K and the previous board for a lot of it. Had they sacked off Martinez the first season he finished 11th and had they got deals over the line in the summer, maybe Lukaku would be more inclined to give us more time. I mean Chelsea brought on subs who scored within minutes, we brought on Kone, and while Lukaku still has room for improvement, he is still the top scorer with 6 assists to boot, so he's probably looking at the quailty around him, bar a few, and thinking wtf.

I do agree with the Chelsea shout, why he's choosing to go there when I'm sure he has other options in Champions League is beyond me, they showed no faith in him and fans jeered him like you say.

I like you Mooms, but you're way off here

I'm not taking away what Rooney has done for Everton as a player, nor am I questioning his status as a Blue, but it's utter madness to say some people are better Evertonians than others just because they played for Everton at one point

In my opinion, we can't have a hierarchy. We're all Blues together and we all share equal importance, except for @chicoazul of course, the glorious king of all Blues, praise be to him!

Thats the dream, to play for your club.

And thats why Usain Bolt is a better Olympian than you and me, because he has achieved his dream.

I still blame Bill K and the previous board for a lot of it. Had they sacked off Martinez the first season he finished 11th and had they got deals over the line in the summer, maybe Lukaku would be more inclined to give us more time. I mean Chelsea brought on subs who scored within minutes, we brought on Kone, and while Lukaku still has room for improvement, he is still the top scorer with 6 assists to boot, so he's probably looking at the quailty around him, bar a few, and thinking wtf.

I do agree with the Chelsea shout, why he's choosing to go there when I'm sure he has other options in Champions League is beyond me, they showed no faith in him and fans jeered him like you say.

Someone made a good point to me in this thread, imagine if you'd had the exact same experience at Everton as Rom had gone through at Chelsea. You then went to another club where the fans showed you the love your fellow Blues never did, but then your performances earned you a chance to go back to League Champions Everton and play in the Champions League, would you go back?

I think most of us would, even with the fans giving us hell the first time

Would that not be 'better footballer'?

Evertonian is not the issue in this case.

I have dedicated my career to being the best graphic designer I can be.

That was my skill and raw talent and I have worked bloody hard to enhance it for 20+ years in the industry.

But you have spent no years plying your trade at Everton.

Rooney is a bigger blue than you or me.

Same here, it's like he has an abusive relation with that club. Even now Chelsea fans are denigrating him on social media. I suppose this kind of explains it but after his first experience there; a normal person wouldn't go back:

Thats the dream, to play for your club.

And thats why Usain Bolt is a better Olympian than you and me, because he has achieved his dream.

No, because I can't be an "Olympian" without actually being, you know, in the Olympics.

Whereas I can be an Evertonian without playing for Everton, and playing for Everton doesn't make someone a "bigger blue" than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back