Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're not all supposedly worth £100m and too good to play for Everton.

Everton gave him that price tag.. And he wants to play champions league football and has been honest and said im not signing a contract.. Rather him say that than not say anything and leave us all wondering whats going on

It is true of Lukaku as it is of any player. If Lukaku was not playing it is not as if we were going to put out a team with only ten players.

The team would be different, his replacement would chip in with some goals and then others contribute more. In fact it is more desireable that goals are shared more evenly throughout the team.
I do not like the way that at present we are too dependent on just one player.

Look at the teams that are likely to finish in the top four, the goal spread is much more even.
I hope Lukaku stays and his goals are very welcome, but Everton had a team before him and will have one as well if he leaves... maybe even a better one.

And those 3 players are? Bear in mind Spurs and Liverpool are the only teams that have 3 players who scored 11 or more goals this season.

Even getting two players into double figures is not as straight forward as some think indeed just look at the two Manchester clubs and they only have one player at each club who are into double figures.

I do wonder why so many are trying to minimise Roms contribution for be sure of one thing if he leaves finding one player to score 11 goals will be a challenge, finding two will be very very difficult and finding three based on the stats is going to require a whole lot of changes

Frank Lampard played 18 seasons in the PL and whilst at Chelsea I believe he took penalties in those 18 seasons he only scored 11 goals or over in 7 seasons and Gerrard who played 17 seasons only scored 11 or more or 3 occasions.

This is exactly right
We will find it extremely difficult to replace Lukaku
There are better players out there who will come close to , be as good , or better his strike rate.
Only problem is none of them would ever consider coming to us

And those 3 players are? Bear in mind Spurs and Liverpool are the only teams that have 3 players who scored 11 or more goals this season.

Even getting two players into double figures is not as straight forward as some think indeed just look at the two Manchester clubs and they only have one player at each club who are into double figures.

I do wonder why so many are trying to minimise Roms contribution for be sure of one thing if he leaves finding one player to score 11 goals will be a challenge, finding two will be very very difficult and finding three based on the stats is going to require a whole lot of changes

Frank Lampard played 18 seasons in the PL and whilst at Chelsea I believe he took penalties in those 18 seasons he only scored 11 goals or over in 7 seasons and Gerrard who played 17 seasons only scored 11 or more or 3 occasions.
In hindsight, we let Hibbert and Osman go a tad too soon.

Everton gave him that price tag.. And he wants to play champions league football and has been honest and said im not signing a contract.. Rather him say that than not say anything and leave us all wondering whats going on
I'm not bothered what he says or thinks. My issue is with fans who put him on a pedestal, as though he's some Suarez-type dragging the team up the table on his own.

This is exactly right
We will find it extremely difficult to replace Lukaku
There are better players out there who will come close to , be as good , or better his strike rate.
Only problem is none of them would ever consider coming to us

There are always new players coming on the scene. Twelve months ago I doubt that many believed Tom Davies would be an established Premiership player by now.
It is always a challenge to replace good players, but that is what Walsh and Koeman are paid to do.

I would prefer that we keep all our players and add to the group, and I believe that Everton will keep him for another season rather than lose him for lesser money. I think at 80m the club will find it hard to keep the player.
However, I do believe Chelsea will find it hard to pay as much as that.

There are always new players coming on the scene. Twelve months ago I doubt that many believed Tom Davies would be an established Premiership player by now.
It is always a challenge to replace good players, but that is what Walsh and Koeman are paid to do.

I would prefer that we keep all our players and add to the group, and I believe that Everton will keep him for another season rather than lose him for lesser money. I think at 80m the club will find it hard to keep the player.
However, I do believe Chelsea will find it hard to pay as much as that.

I agree they will want to keep him another season as Koeman has stated
I think for 80 m Conte knows he can more complete players who will suit his system (Morata , Belotti )
It seems to be Emanelo (sp) who is pushing for Lukaku to return
With a possible double in the bag in his first season I think Conte will get his way.

I agree they will want to keep him another season as Koeman has stated
I think for 80 m Conte knows he can more complete players who will suit his system (Morata , Belotti )
It seems to be Emanelo (sp) who is pushing for Lukaku to return
With a possible double in the bag in his first season I think Conte will get his way.

Belotti has had one outstanding season scoring wise, before that he was averaging about 1 in 3 at best
Moratta is at best a 1 in 3 striker who whilst at Juve scored 15 over two seasons and 63 league games

think Conte may want a striker a bit more lethal and proven than either one of those mate, especially as both would cost 50m +

Here's my overall evaluation of Rom:
good finisher. generally comfortable on the ball although his first touch can be dodgy. For a man of his size, he has absolutely zero presence up front. I've watched him closely over the last couple of years. Have a look at him when the keeper or a defender launches one up to him, he hides and pretends to challenge for the ball, half heartedly making some sort of movement, but NEVER wins the header. He is scared of physical contact. The only time he challenges for a header is when there's a chance of scoring a goal ie: in and around the six yard box.

He's not a team player, he's too much like the Ronaldos and kanes of this world when it is all about them. shoot on sight, never squaring it from a tight angle, let me score and up my valuation and potential wages.

If harry kane had passed it to a team-mate in a better position instead of shooting, spurs would have walked the league this season. I could probably pick out 20 occasions over this season where deli ali or eriksen would have a tap-in but kane decided to shoot from an impossible angle and missed. Lukaku is in the same mould. selfish beyond belief. At least kane has heart, and is up for a battle. Big rom hasn't got the heart.

I say let him go and good riddance. Anyone can score 20 odd a season if they shoot about 20 times during a match! he's not the player he thinks he is. fingers crossed he leaves us.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sooner we get rid of this 24 goals per season burden on the club the better. We need someone in who'll score 11 goals to replace him. If we can do that we can get a CL spot.
We have one out on loan who should get at least 11 goals a season if given a proper run in the team. Sadly the manager doesn't rate him.

Belotti has had one outstanding season scoring wise, before that he was averaging about 1 in 3 at best
Moratta is at best a 1 in 3 striker who whilst at Juve scored 15 over two seasons and 63 league games

think Conte may want a striker a bit more lethal and proven than either one of those mate, especially as both would cost 50m +
Conte had Morata at Juve rated him highly and wanted to keep him

People are forgetting only 2 clubs wanted him when we got him us & WBA .Players will be available at the same level & better then he was then we just have to find him

People are forgetting only 2 clubs wanted him when we got him us & WBA .Players will be available at the same level & better then he was then we just have to find him
And we wait 3 seasons for that player to be good enough to lead the scoring charts
If Lukaku is sold we will not get a player of the same quality to sign for us unless we have CL and pay crazy wages

Here's my overall evaluation of Rom:
good finisher. generally comfortable on the ball although his first touch can be dodgy. For a man of his size, he has absolutely zero presence up front. I've watched him closely over the last couple of years. Have a look at him when the keeper or a defender launches one up to him, he hides and pretends to challenge for the ball, half heartedly making some sort of movement, but NEVER wins the header. He is scared of physical contact. The only time he challenges for a header is when there's a chance of scoring a goal ie: in and around the six yard box.

He's not a team player, he's too much like the Ronaldos and kanes of this world when it is all about them. shoot on sight, never squaring it from a tight angle, let me score and up my valuation and potential wages.

If harry kane had passed it to a team-mate in a better position instead of shooting, spurs would have walked the league this season. I could probably pick out 20 occasions over this season where deli ali or eriksen would have a tap-in but kane decided to shoot from an impossible angle and missed. Lukaku is in the same mould. selfish beyond belief. At least kane has heart, and is up for a battle. Big rom hasn't got the heart.

I say let him go and good riddance. Anyone can score 20 odd a season if they shoot about 20 times during a match! he's not the player he thinks he is. fingers crossed he leaves us.

Yet another myth, that.

6 assists this season, second most behind Barkley (8).

Yet another myth, that.

6 assists this season, second most behind Barkley (8).

Again, assists don't automatically mean "team player". It's not as black and white as that.

Yes, he'll now and then flick a ball round a corner for Valencia and grab the odd assist, but that doesn't mean he has pretty much any interest in holding play up or pull players away to open up gaps for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back