Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just the beginnings of negotiation by media it seems.

We won't get £100m, and I have seen figures as low as £65m. Agree with above, anything above £80m would be acceptable and decent enough business. I suspect we might even be offered a loanee in addition at that sort of fee, as part of any deal.

Brian Clough had the right idea. Why do we still put up with these leeches in our game?

Fck them off. Let the PFA represent all players.

Brian Clough would despise what this 'game' has become.
We know more about the agents and owners finances these days than the players.
And they have become a bunch of aloof cry-arses who have 0 loyalty and just want to walk into Madrid/Barcelona... (continue down the pecking order until you reach your own club syndrome).

Just the beginnings of negotiation by media it seems.

We won't get £100m, and I have seen figures as low as £65m. Agree with above, anything above £80m would be acceptable and decent enough business. I suspect we might even be offered a loanee in addition at that sort of fee, as part of any deal.
if we could get Martial as part of any deal i'd be happy with that.

As good as Rom is, he is not as good as he thinks he is.
At this stage if he is to stay in England it looks like Chelsea or no deal.
I do believe that Everton have agreed to sell to certain clubs for the right fee.... before a certain date.
It is unlikely the offer to sell is open ended right up to the last day and I think the agent is under pressure to make something happen.

At this stage I do not want a contract offered to Lukaku that has any escape clauses....if he should decide to stay, for whatever reason, I do not want to have to listen to him, his family and his agent , about his ambition and his desire to play for a top club.

Playing ability aside , I have little respect for the whole Lukaku camp because of the way his attempted exit is being handled.

The world and it's mother knows Real Madrid wants De Gea and the player wants that move, but in spite of the disappointment of the failed move last year the player has acted with dignity and professionalism.

If the player is good enough and playing well enough the wealthy clubs will come calling.

As feared, his agent is selling him to anyone interested.

If the club had any sense ( lol ) then whoever is in charge of it, whether it be walsh or Koeman, sit down with the agent, say to him the club will sell if the price is met/ certain clubs bid etc BUT we then want agent to set us up a deal for one of his clients, a higher profile one so we can adequately replace Lukaku in the team.

Instead of digging our heels in and not benefiting from it

As feared, his agent is selling him to anyone interested.

If the club had any sense ( lol ) then whoever is in charge of it, whether it be walsh or Koeman, sit down with the agent, say to him the club will sell if the price is met/ certain clubs bid etc BUT we then want agent to set us up a deal for one of his clients, a higher profile one so we can adequately replace Lukaku in the team.

Instead of digging our heels in and not benefiting from it

This is literally what we have said mate.

The Madrid ban being upheld makes things interesting.

They will not want to let griezmann go as they can't replace him.

Affects lots of other potential striker moves.

Fairs.

Though I think those two are wishful thinking in the extreme ;)
They are, compared to Ibra Pogba, or someone like Ballotelli or Chadli, they would be the most realistic.

Although Donnarumma is meant to be leaving/contract stand off etc.

I meant hypothetically though, the idea that the man who engineers all these transfers actually does one for us as a favour. I mean it wouldn't be like he wouldn't get paid for it anyway, or he sell that player on in 12 months if we didn't take advantage of a very good player arriving ala Nedved years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back