Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wish that it was finished now, I am sick of his bleating about his ambition to win trophies and play in the CL.

No player anywhere is bigger than the club, we lost Rooney to Utd, who was ten times the player Lukaku is and we still moved forward.
Get , a transfer fee for him, replace him and move forward.

I will be interested to see how Chelsea handle him if things don't go as well as expected for him and he starts mouthing off.

If a transfer is going to happen , it will happen. I think it is disrespectful to the club that pays his wage and has done so for a number of years to talk like that in Public.

Sounds like he's finally piped up

Edit: Nothing we didn't already know

He's clearly strongly pushing for Chelsea which undermines our negotiating position.
Hopefully this doesn't drag on and we achieve a massive cash injection early in the window especially seeing as our season starts early and Rom's sale is going to form the bulk of our budget.

Anyone think we'd keep it secret for a while to enable us to get replacements. Won't get other clubs bumping the fee up then.
Bit like Spurs did with Bale. They kept it in the press as haggling over the price when it was all done.
Could be done already.

If it means we get in 80m I'll be delighted to see the back of him, his gigantic ego and his five goals in the last 20 minutes against Bournemouth at home.

Certainly looking like he is off but we have been here before. Just hope we rinse whoever buys him for as much as we can then buy a couple of good replacements. If he does go I can't see us having spent much come the end of the summer as the big deals don't seem to happen for us as players don't want to come or we are just going after players we have no chance of signing.

We he wont be winning the Prem or CL with us anytime soon so he is off.

Lets get it done quick so we can use the funds to buy Cuco Martina etc.

You're actually right mate.

Until we spend 150m on each signing and have AT LEAST 7 new ones per transfer window we're not showing enough ambition.

Instead of, you know, using money wisely and not just throwing it at random players, ala City. Look at their new 50m centre back Johnnie Stones, top acquisition that was.

So yes, I'd rather we get Dolberg and a few others rather than rely solely on one player and burden him with a massive fee, as that's what happens to even the supposed best (hello Pogba).
Pogba who helped Utd win two trophies and get into the CL last season.

We will get left behind yet again whilst everyone around us buys world class quality.

'We are talking to the club'. Im taking that to mean Chelsea ansld we have given him permission. Would like Batshuayi in exchange

Even his biggest fans surely want him gone as soon as possible now?

It's like pulling teeth this and has gotten incredibly boring. Even if he stays another year this same old cr@p will continue going on and on and on..

Every club loses its top players from time to time even the biggest clubs, it's nothing new.

In an ideal world I'd love him to be loyal and dedicated to the club and commit his future because he's a fantastic goalscorer. I'm not gonna pretend otherwise.

But the fact is he wants to go so jog on. At least it'll be interesting to see how we play without him.

For the past 3 years we've played exactly the same way with everything going through him.

It'll be refreshing to see something different with different players and a different way of playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back