Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

I recall saying a few years ago that we need to sign more Belgians... to be fair, I was wrong.

When they get together with the national team, it must be an ego-fest, comparing bank balances etc. They are horrible. Look how Mirallas has piped down since he has been in and out of the squad.

On that note, avoid Batshuayi!

Iheanaho and Beite Keita would be immense. Rooney as well... just because we can.

Hazard on about real the other day too. Thankfully he got injured so that piped him down.

This is the case that the bed wetters in the transfer thread don't get. How can we start buying players left right and centre if we don't know if we need to a) find a new 20+ goalscorer, b) what type of striker that is going to be and c) if we'll have an extra £90m or so in our transfer budget.

I'm sure all involved have a plan a and plan b in both instances.

Let him go , wring every last penny out the deal and move on. He cant be replaced but we can change our style of play to share the goals about. Its exciting to see what happens.

Id give him a good reception but he isnt a legend purely because he isnt an Everton fan. I have no problem with that

Yeah, it's annoying that after four years at Everton he really has absolutely zero feeling for the club or the fans. But hey, he's a professional footballer, not a cheerleader, so there's no obligation at all for him to bung something on about the club.

He has his heart completely set on leaving. If we are smart, we may even be able to force a world record fee out of it, and if not something close. Let's make the situation work for us now, spend the money on players who will buy in and completely suit the manager, which Rom doesn't. Either way, let's get it going quickly now.

I hope he achieves what he wants, though to do so he will need to improve. I suspect he probably will elsewhere, though most cases of players looking to upgrade on Everton don't go to well.

Should we not report Chelsea, like Southampton have reported Liverpool ? Sky sports saying Lukaku has agreed terms with another club, while still under contract. What's the difference ?

The difference is Chelsea probably asked Everton to speak to Lukaku about a transfer
Liverpool just spoke directly to VVD without getting permission from Southampton first

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapping_up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back