Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully sell him for a good price, gets a bad injury early on, doesn't recover then gets shipped on to Newcastle in a few years. loved the lad over the years but the amount of talking he does for someone under contract is scandalous, he is an embarrassment. prick
Just wow.

Lads, Rom is great

We'll survive without him like, but let's not pretend he's rubbish just cos he wants to leave eh?

We're better than that (Except for @orly )

Lets not pretend he's a world class footballer either and that Everton FC will die a death because he's leaving. There are 2 extremes with Rom.

Are there much better all round footballers who will help the team a lot more? Yes there are probably hundreds, if not thousands. Are there many players who will get over 20 goals each season? No, not many.

Walsh is there to improve the team, so if he cant find a 20 goal man, he will find others who will contribute to more team goals.

giphy.gif

I think you're right and am surprised Sky Sports have twisted it and put it out there as if it's 100% he meant his new team.

It is a little vague. It is pretty clear that he wants to leave (apparently). But the quotes could be he is referring to communicating that to Everton.

I will be sad to see him go but if we invest the windfall well we could certainly come out better and deeper.

I have no problem with Lukaku angling for a move. He was told last summer that he could leave if we didn't make Champions League and we received a legit offer for him. The simple fact is that we haven't improved enough and I'm not going to blame Lukaku for wanting to showcase his talent on the biggest stages of Europe. I think he's finally ready for that.

The only question in my mind right now is, will anyone give us that legit offer? £75 million and he's yours. Let's take that money and create a complete team who actually wants to be at Everton and work together to achieve great things. If no one is willing to pay, at least Lukaku can't complain that we are blocking him and will be more fired up to perform next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back