Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you're nowhere near running the club. Yes Lukaku was the best striker we've seen in some time. No one can seriously question that but the way you post it's almost as if you'd be glad to get a top half finish with how pessimistic you seem.

Let the window unfold. We're watching a play and you're treating the first act as the denouement.
Maybe the club have some awesome players lined up to replace Rom, if Walsh is doing his job we must have, because Rom leaving is of no surprise to anyone. My concern is the amount of time we take to conclude such deals, the caliber of player we seem to be able to attract and the fact that we have our first competitive match prior to the end of July. Many people seem unfussed by the Europa league, how else can the attitude of waiting until the end of August to conclude our transfer business be explained, by then we will have played four Europa league qualifiers potentially with only Calvert-Lewin and "no-locker" Niasse as our only recognised forwards.

Ok he's moving on, we will too. I rate him, for what it's worth, but I don't like and never have liked his attitude. Also I think that we have become too one dimensional and predictable as a team with Rom up front. Do. I rate him? Yes, will we replace him with another striker who will score as many goals? Probably not. Will we as a team score as many goals as last year? Yes, if the right personnel are brought in and the tactics adapted.

Goals or no goals, I really can't stand this disrespect bellend.

Get this man out of our club right now. We're Everton FFS, not some half arsed crappy team just trying to be relevant. I stopped cheering his goals a while back and hate seeing him wear my colours when he doesn't want to, after we have paid him millions.

What an absolute prick.
I watched the CL final the other night and those guys playing were a million miles away from how good this tit thinks he is. He's got no chance at that level.
F off Rom and good luck in the CL with your badly shitty touch and hold up play you fkin Bute.

Goals or no goals, I really can't stand this disrespect bellend.

Get this man out of our club right now. We're Everton FFS, not some half arsed crappy team just trying to be relevant. I stopped cheering his goals a while back and hate seeing him wear my colours when he doesn't want to, after we have paid him millions.

What an absolute prick.
I watched the CL final the other night and those guys playing were a million miles away from how good this tit thinks he is. He's got no chance at that level.
F off Rom and good luck in the CL with your badly shitty touch and hold up play you fkin Bute.

Hahahahhaahahahahahahahahaahhaha

I'm sure your being an Evertonian and him being our top goalscorer 4 years running has has no bearing on your position here.

Try and look at it from the perspective of a 24 year old lad who has been smashing records in mid-table for 5 years, is almost halfway through an extremely short career, has completely paid his dues, is rightly fiercely ambitious and isn't an Evertonian.

Yeah I get that he's ambitious.....and if it weren't for the final two disastrous seasons of El Fraudo's reign and the monumental cockup of the summer window last season, we could have been in the EL sooner and pushing for CL already. Missed opportunity.

What has angered me though is the mouthing off to the press the way he has. If Raiola has agreed a deal with someone else then fair enough - but keep your trap shut about it and let it be announced through proper channels - say farewell to the fans on social media once the contract is signed with whichever club it is, and everything would be much more amicable. A simple "no comment" would have sufficed.

Maybe the club have some awesome players lined up to replace Rom, if Walsh is doing his job we must have, because Rom leaving is of no surprise to anyone. My concern is the amount of time we take to conclude such deals, the caliber of player we seem to be able to attract and the fact that we have our first competitive match prior to the end of July. Many people seem unfussed by the Europa league, how else can the attitude of waiting until the end of August to conclude our transfer business be explained, by then we will have played four Europa league qualifiers potentially with only Calvert-Lewin and "no-locker" Niasse as our only recognised forwards.
Do you feel we will literally do all our business at the very end of the window? Feel you need to ease on the drama a bit.

Yeah I get that he's ambitious.....and if it weren't for the final two disastrous seasons of El Fraudo's reign and the monumental cockup of the summer window last season, we could have been in the EL sooner and pushing for CL already. Missed opportunity.

What has angered me though is the mouthing off to the press the way he has. If Raiola has agreed a deal with someone else then fair enough - but keep your trap shut about it and let it be announced through proper channels - say farewell to the fans on social media once the contract is signed with whichever club it is, and everything would be much more amicable. A simple "no comment" would have sufficed.

Im glad he comes out and says things, I'd rather know tbh. The Barkley situation where he stays quiet and knowone says anything is more annoying to me

Reckon we'll end up dealing for about £70m, including add ons. Cheers for doing your job well and scoring lots of goals Rom, won't miss you opening your Belgian gob constantly though, they don't half like the sound of their own voice those lot.

He was crap in his last few games

A truly top class striker would have been chasing that golden boot award.

Instead he stopped playing and was on holidays from a long way out.

The attitude stinks

Reckon we'll end up dealing for about £70m, including add ons. Cheers for doing your job well and scoring lots of goals Rom, won't miss you opening your Belgian gob constantly though, they don't half like the sound of their own voice those lot.
The only reason why I didn't vote for that Batshuayi to replace him. Get the feeling it'd be more of the same every international weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back