Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yeah. But that would go without saying, mainly because he wouldn't go somewhere like that anyway.

My feeling is Chelsea. It wouldn't even shock me if this was all agreed ages ago. We won't hear anything until after the internationals anyway, so this thread will just keep producing more conjecture over fact.

But if he was being 'tapped up' then we'd do what Southampton have done you'd think.

Nail on head

Firstly I am trying to make the point that all players are the same be it an Everton player or indeed a Chelsea player they all say things to the press.
Secondly I am trying to highlight the fact that Conte is guarded as to what and how he says about his players whereas RK seems to be more than happy to create situations in the press where it's difficult to recover from. Reflect back to Costa and the whole moving to China thing Conte didn't hang Costa out to dry even though I guess he was fuming.q
Next people talk about RL not being arsed and I an making the point that since Jan 1 Costa has scored just 6 goals whereas many on here are suggesting that was what RL did and I make the point he has scored far more.
But he hasn't actually 'said' that. Which is the point.

If VVD had publicly said that - to a newspaper or a TV station or whatever - then yes, S'ton could complain, but Liverpool would have the ground to at least say the player wants to join.

However, VVD hasn't 'said' that officially. It's basically been put out there by L'Pool through the media in an attempt to pressure Saints.

Kind of like Chelsea did with Stones. If you remember then, we also complained.

Everton didn't make an official complaint they moaned about the situation but that was it.

What is interesting is that reports are now starting to emerge that Southampton aren't withdrawing their complaint and that the Premier League may well have to act on the complaint for free of doing nothing will in effect render the rule unenforceable.

are the RS at serious risk of a hefty fine or ban? That apology was quite something, i've only just read it. Tapping up happens and it's now part of the game and unless the papers have direct quotes it's all just speculaiton surely - a sly tatic by the devils club to turn the players head but no differernt to every chelsea player being interviewed on Sky talking about John Stones or Lukaku?
Intially i thought Southamptons complaint was nothing more than a bit of foreplay, a theatrical show of resistance before eventually selling their next star to Liverpool as they do so for 'That Lot' to issue such a public apology screams panic that they might be in serious trouble. Sorry i'm joining the party on this all very late.

Firstly I am trying to make the point that all players are the same be it an Everton player or indeed a Chelsea player they all say things to the press.
Secondly I am trying to highlight the fact that Conte is guarded as to what and how he says about his players whereas RK seems to be more than happy to create situations in the press where it's difficult to recover from. Reflect back to Costa and the whole moving to China thing Conte
Next people talk about RL not being arsed and I an making the point that since Jan 1 Costa has scored just 6 goals whereas many on here are suggesting that was what RL did and I make the point he has scored far more.

Everton didn't make an official complaint they moaned about the situation but that was it.

What is interesting is that reports are now starting to emerge that Southampton aren't withdrawing their complaint and that the Premier League may well have to act on the complaint for free of doing nothing will in effect render the rule unenforceable.

We released several statement saying Stones wasn't for sale and a final statement claiming that we were disgusted with how Chelsea had operated ('a certain PL club' was the wording I think).

are the RS at serious risk of a hefty fine or ban? That apology was quite something, i've only just read it. Tapping up happens and it's now part of the game and unless the papers have direct quotes it's all just speculaiton surely - a sly tatic by the devils club to turn the players head but no differernt to every chelsea player being interviewed on Sky talking about John Stones or Lukaku?
Intially i thought Southamptons complaint was nothing more than a bit of foreplay, a theatrical show of resistance before eventually selling their next star to Liverpool as they do so for 'That Lot' to issue such a public apology screams panic that they might be in serious trouble. Sorry i'm joining the party on this all very late.

No. They'll get away with it. Premier League have confirmed no further action, which is ludicrous.

Liverpool made a right arse out of it. Spouting VVD had chosen them after meeting Klopp, and Soton knew [Poor language removed] all about it. Tits publicly admitted they'd tapped him up. That apology was because they were bang to rights IMO especially after the youth ban

anyone seen that Costa video on twitter from lsst night in press zone after Spain game? Says Conte messaged him to say he isn't needed next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back