Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contracts don't matter anymore mate. The players and their agents have the upper hand these days. If Lukaku wants to leave he'll be gone. No club wants to keep disgruntled players around. I'm more than glad, if we get £60mill+.

Seeing how goalkeepers and pretty average players are going for 30 mill these days I'd justify Lukaku at 100.

Contracts don't matter anymore mate. The players and their agents have the upper hand these days. If Lukaku wants to leave he'll be gone. No club wants to keep disgruntled players around. I'm more than glad, if we get £60mill+.

I won't. £80m is the minimum for me. Looks like £100m is the minimum for Everton.

If Chelski is willing to pay £60m they can forget about it. Lukaku is staying for another season.

I'd withdraw the contract offer mate and make him sit on the 70k for another year, flog him for 50m which I think will be a realistic fee even with a year remaining.

If I were RL and what you suggest was Everton's approach in 12 months I would say stuff you I will see out the last 12 months.

No £50 million, no compensation not even a bag of salt and vinegar.

Everton nor indeed any sensible football club could risk a player with a value north of £50 million walking for free.

Calm your tits everyone.

It's win frikking win.

He goes, we win

He stays we win.

FGS keep your fume for something meaningful like why has Sandro still not signed even though he is playing in a Tournament and will sign at the end or something.

If I were RL and what you suggest was Everton's approach in 12 months I would say stuff you I will see out the last 12 months.

No £50 million, no compensation not even a bag of salt and vinegar.

Everton nor indeed any sensible football club could risk a player with a value north of £50 million walking for free.

Erm, Ross Barkley has 12 months left mate and I'm pretty sure Everton have slapped a 50m price tag on him which it looks like they ain't gonna get so in theory he could sit tight and walk away for free.

Whilst Lukaku has 2 years running on his contract we are in the box seat. He's been offered a great contract which he has turned down so either someone pipes up with 80m+ or he stays and he gets sold a year down the line..

Erm, Ross Barkley has 12 months left mate and I'm pretty sure Everton have slapped a 50m price tag on him which it looks like they ain't gonna get so in theory he could sit tight and walk away for free.

Whilst Lukaku has 2 years running on his contract we are in the box seat. He's been offered a great contract which he has turned down so either someone pipes up with 80m+ or he stays and he gets sold a year down the line..

Your first paragraph sort of sums it up. Of course Everton would be looking for as much as possible the question isn't just about who is going to offer that sum or indeed any sum but the question would then be if it doesn't suit him to leave knowing that in less than 6 months he can legitimately talk to certain clubs about a Bosman would he say yes to that or indeed any move involving a fee.

With regard to RL being offered a great contract that's an interesting one for if the club value him say in the £80-£100million bracket then the sort of contract he is being offered, if what's been reported is correct is tens of thousands of pounds a week shy of what he could expect.

In RL case in 12 months time his situation will be similar to that of RB at this point in time. You say he gets sold but the dilema is what if he says no?

It won't happen I guess most would say but the fact is that it very easily could.

Your first paragraph sort of sums it up. Of course Everton would be looking for as much as possible the question isn't just about who is going to offer that sum or indeed any sum but the question would then be if it doesn't suit him to leave knowing that in less than 6 months he can legitimately talk to certain clubs about a Bosman would he say yes to that or indeed any move involving a fee.

With regard to RL being offered a great contract that's an interesting one for if the club value him say in the £80-£100million bracket then the sort of contract he is being offered, if what's been reported is correct is tens of thousands of pounds a week shy of what he could expect.

In RL case in 12 months time his situation will be similar to that of RB at this point in time. You say he gets sold but the dilema is what if he says no?

It won't happen I guess most would say but the fact is that it very easily could.

If Lukaku is pushing for a move now there is absolutely zero chance of him staying for another TWO years just to prove a point

Wages wise you may be correct if he was at another club but 140k a week for us is massive for us, absolutely massive regardless what we value him at. Like @royalbalou says, he won't be sitting on his arse 2 years running his contract down, he wants off and I'm sure he will be kicking that tit of an agent of his up the arse to make it happen regardless of how much we are asking for. That's why he signed up to that beaut in the first place to get him his so called big money move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back