Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much. Then others not in line to have been sold this summer would be (Mirallas, Mori, Galloway) on top of those who probably will be...and the January would see a possible deal for Lukaku/Barkley pushed through.

That's just the way it is.

Moshiri will make no difference to our model.
He already is making a difference! Maybe these 3 early deals before the window opens are a signal to Ross and Rom to get them to sign their contracts....

We honestly havent even touched the Lukaku money yet Dave.

Im telling ya, we as a club had that 57m to hand.

Sales, increased commercial deals and 135m from Sky, KERCHING.

Sorry that's just a load of tosh.
The £80 million invested, sorry lent, paid off certain borrowings not liabilities the balance , some £22 million paid off exceptional items. So nothing there to add to the pot.
Going into this financial year there was an overdraft not a cash surplus as some say. The Stones money added , if paid in one sum , around £42 million but until the accounts come out we have no idea if the transfers in were paid in full or indeed by instalments. Wages will have grown like topsy most of the post 2015 transfers are still being paid off

Yep there is additional TV money and a little bit extra from commercial but I can't but help think that at most any cash surplus would be around £20-£30 million and that at best has financed signings to date.

Sorry that's just a load of tosh.
The £80 million invested, sorry lent, paid off certain borrowings not liabilities the balance , some £22 million paid off exceptional items. So nothing there to add to the pot.
Going into this financial year there was an overdraft not a cash surplus as some say. The Stones money added , if paid in one sum , around £42 million but until the accounts come out we have no idea if the transfers in were paid in full or indeed by instalments. Wages will have grown like topsy most of the post 2015 transfers are still being paid off

Yep there is additional TV money and a little bit extra from commercial but I can't but help think that at most any cash surplus would be around £20-£30 million and that at best has financed signings to date.

So how is what I said tosh?

We both came to the same conclusion.

Lol. The 24 goal striker couldn't be arsed. And the player said by most (before he wouldn't sign his contract) to have improved his workrate under Koeman did the exact opposite?

Ok.

The 24 goal striker did not play consistently right throughout the season, and well you know it. Had he done so, he could easily have hit the 30 goal point.

Barkley's work rate, for someone his age, was not what it should be. Too often he was easily bypassed in midfield, it was too easy for opponents, that could be clearly seen.

Don't let sentiment blind you to the realities of the situation. It was there clearly in both cases for all to see. And was commented on in here on far too many occasions during the season to be ignored...

So how is what I said tosh?

We both came to the same conclusion.

Really?

The cash balance you say is £57 mill I think it's way below. Unless either more money is injected which may or may not be an option, or borrowings increase again then the cash that was available will have funded at best the down payments of players signed to date. Call it recycling or whatever but the balance owed including all the add ons will have to be funded from either future sales or future income.

Really?

The cash balance you say is £57 mill I think it's way below. Unless either more money is injected which may or may not be an option, or borrowings increase again then the cash that was available will have funded at best the down payments of players signed to date. Call it recycling or whatever but the balance owed including all the add ons will have to be funded from either future sales or future income.

Our wage bill last year was 86mish, we got in around 137m from Sky, theres 50m straight off the bat, SportsBeans deal was worth a few M extra, the USM deal is another 15m or so.

Its just basic matchbox maths, but the numbers stack up, I didnt even mention the 80m from Moshiri some of which is still floating around the books.

Our wage bill last year was 86mish, we got in around 137m from Sky, theres 50m straight off the bat, SportsBeans deal was worth a few M extra, the USM deal is another 15m or so.

Its just basic matchbox maths, but the numbers stack up, I didnt even mention the 80m from Moshiri some of which is still floating around the books.
The wage bill for 16/17 will be closer to £90 million. Other costs will be around £33 million. That's £123 million or there about. There is nothing left of the £80 million unless the statement in the accounts was incorrect in that it settled £54.8 million of debt and exceptional items . The sports pea deal is wef from 2017/18. The UsM deal is no where near £15 mill a year. Gate receipts will be pretty static at £18 mill or thereabouts. Irrespective of anything else Barnsley would have been paid circa£7 mill in the accounting year likewise the monies for the likes of RM transfer is still being paid off
The player trading, in cash terms as opposed to accounting terms is difficult to call as we have no idea if the Stones money was paid in full or by way of instalments likewise we don't know how the 2015/16 signings are being paid for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back