Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
This fluff can't be true surely. Conte was the one ready to walk we were told because he was the only one wanting him?

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...erton-transfer-rumours-chelsea-boss-13261130#

Everton transfer rumours - Chelsea boss Antonio Conte doesn't want Romelu Lukaku
A round-up of EFC transfer rumours and speculation from around the web
Has there been another twist in Romelu Lukaku's future plans?

The Everton striker has made no secret of his desire to leave the club this summer, but the Toffees have been steadfast in their stance that the Belgian is not for sale.

Only a world record £100m bid could persuade the Blues to part with Lukaku.

Both Chelsea and Manchester United have been linked, but the Daily Star are now reporting that Antonio Conte is NOT happy with Chelsea’s pursuit of Lukaku.

GettyImages-679638380.jpg

Romelu Lukaku of Everton (Photo: Dan Mullan/Getty Images)
According to the report, Conte would prefer to sign Torino striker Andrea Belotti, but Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich and technical director Michael Emenalo are keen to bring Lukaku back to the club instead.

Read More
Everton FC transfer latest
With Belotti said to be available for £85m, Conte is said to be frustrated at Chelsea's reluctance to make a move for the Italian.

A new contract for the former Juventus boss remains unsigned and the Lukaku situation could only worsen relations between Conte and the London club.

Just want this finished now, regardless of outcome

It's becoming a cloud above our heads

If he's staying then great, onwards and upwards

If he's leaving then let's get it all wrapped up so we can focus on other things
It does feel like all the good work we are doing this summer is being under-played until Rom's future is sorted.

Just want this finished now, regardless of outcome

It's becoming a cloud above our heads

If he's staying then great, onwards and upwards

If he's leaving then let's get it all wrapped up so we can focus on other things

Agree...I'm leaning toward to take the money and run camp...Though I appreciate his ambition in one way I don't appreciate his desire for ready made success. He is a selfish player too, no question about it and part of the reason our supporting players had less goals...he always claims to have been in a better position if someone misses pointing at his feet but rarely acknowledges when he shoots wildly when someone is in a better position. Plus he always seems the last to celebrate when someone else scores, annoying! He doesn't want to be with us and has always seen us as a stepping stone so sell and get in some team players even if they are worse finishers

Haha if the rumours are true and Conte doesn't want Rom lollollol

I believe they're completely true. I can't see why Conte would want Lukaku - he's a complete contradiction to how they play, which is why I've said for a while that they'll be a good 15 points worse off if they replace Costa with Lukaku.

Belotti is the superior player given how Chelsea set up to play, but he's a risk in that he's not proven it in the Premier League or over many seasons. Lukaku is much more of a risk because it's effectively guaranteed that he can't do the job Chelsea will want of him. I personally think they're mad to be even considering Rom.

I hope Emenalo gets his way. We need rid urgently but we've done a good job of not conveying that publicly.

Nah mate he's awful he only scores loads of goals and wants to prove himself in the champions league !

Needs to run more and stuff and stop upsetting the crying arses who follow us.

X

I can still remember Moyes ruining perfectly decent goal scorers by demanding more running and defending. He is great at what he does and I want him to stay and score bag loads more. Why expect him to do something he can't at the expense of something he can.

And his game has improved dramatically over the last year or so, in case anyone didn't notice, no centre forward traps and controls every ball pinged at him. Lukaku is not AS good at this as some, but he is definitely improving. I'd love him to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back