Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 80m might have done the trick if he had signed the contract extension but I reckon him and his tit of an agent were trying to force Everton into accepting an escape clause of 60-65m and so Everton have ensured now it will take a massive bid to prize him away. All the while he's losing about 50k a week in wedge he could have been earning.

I reckon you will have to spunk up some serious dollar for us to come out and play on this one as we are in no need or rush to sell.
Honestly, i think it would be impossible to sign him had he signed a new contract, it would put you guys in an even stronger position, and i think you would simply refuse to sell him at any price. If you dont sell him now, you may have to face selling him for alot less next summer as he would only have a year left on his current deal, or even risk losing him for free, and honestly, business wise, thats not a smart approach. Thats just my 2 cents though, i could be wrong

So one minute Conte doesn't want Lukaku and wants Bellotti then the next he wants him more than anything?

Just shows 90% of sports journalists know sod all.
If you trust any journalist you will probably get that impression. None of the reliable sources when it comes to Chelsea have said anything of the sort, it was just the italian media spouting their usual nonsense

So one minute Conte doesn't want Lukaku and wants Bellotti then the next he wants him more than anything?

Just shows 90% of sports journalists know sod all.

They do, Chelsea using them to try and add pressure etc...

Unfortunately, when we say £100 Million we actually mean it

Honestly, i think it would be impossible to sign him had he signed a new contract, it would put you guys in an even stronger position, and i think you would simply refuse to sell him at any price. If you dont sell him now, you may have to face selling him for alot less next summer as he would only have a year left on his current deal, or even risk losing him for free, and honestly, business wise, thats not a smart approach. Thats just my 2 cents though, i could be wrong

We'll get at minimum £40-50 million next season tbh every club will be after him on a free deal so any club that's serious about signing him would eventually blink and sign him

Except..............any new deal would have had a release clause. The fat rat Raiola made that quite plain, good luck dealing with him, he is a human carcinoma.

Reckon he is losing more than £50k a week, more like £100k+ I would imagine. Any club who signs him will have to pay him close to £200k a week minimum if they pay the fee we are supposedly asking. His agent Jabba won't care though as he will get a huge slice eventually when he does move anyway.

Sorry mate Yeah, I was talking more about our 140k a week offer that has been gathering dust for months. I'm sure of he leaves he will be looking to get 160k+ a week

We'll get at minimum £40-50 million next season tbh every club will be after him on a free deal so any club that's serious about signing him would eventually blink and sign him
No club would pay 50M for a player that has only 1 year left on his contract, and still, 40-50M is alot less than 80M+. Besides, i dont think alot of clubs would be after him, as pretty much all the top clubs will have their striking positions sorted. It does put Lukaku on a stronger psition though, as a smaller transfer fee would give him leverage to negotiate a bigger signing on fee and better wages with his new club

Ron is a football man, been there and done it. If Rom had of kept quiet and called a meeting at the end of the season with Ron/Bill said "There's some interest from Chelsea in bringing me back. I'm very grateful for everything you have done for me but I feel like I have unfinished business there. They are like my family, the club I've supported for years with some of my best friend and national team mates there. I would appreciate if you would consider letting me go should they make a fair offer".

He may have already been there.

Instead we got the contract numptyness and "Not really an option" blather etc etc. He may still get his move but it could have gone a lot smoother for him.

Ron is a football man, been there and done it. If Rom had of kept quiet and called a meeting at the end of the season with Ron/Bill said "There's some interest from Chelsea in bringing me back. I'm very grateful for everything you have done for me but I feel like I have unfinished business there. They are like my family, the club I've supported for years with some of my best friend and national team mates there. I would appreciate if you would consider letting me go should they make a fair offer".

Instead we got the contract numptyness and "Not really an option" blather etc etc. He may still get his move but it could have gone a lot smoother for him.

To be fair, the "not really an option" comment is gonna cost somebody a LOT of money or means he doesnt get his "dream move", so well done Rom, good job fam.

To be honest I think he is gone either way, if he signs a new deal it will have a release clause and I reckon it will be lower then we are asking now otherwise he wont sign it. Bit of a problem this for Everton but I would be happy for us to hang back till Jan unless we get the 100m now, for that reason I think this will run till the last week of the window with Chelsea hoping we buckle, unless they find another target that is

How do you know he hasnt done that?
Everton are not obliged to sell him, whether Chelsea is his boyhood club or not, you guys are only looking after yourselves, nothing wrong with that. But history shows that, if a player publicly agitates for a move, his club will sell him. Its not the prettiest tactic, but its very effective, Lukaku is probably using that as his last resort to move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back